Solid Rock (Goanna)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Solid Rock (Goanna)

Post by dante »

Classic Aussie hit from 1982 from a band that started in Geelong (not far from Melbourne). Singer Songwriter Shane Howard wrote "The whole experience of travelling through aboriginal Australia and awakening to that cultural reality made me ask the question, okay where do I fit here? In this landscape, in Australia, I'm not aboriginal, I'm not of the land, I'm not of this country – so I came from somewhere else. It made me want to look at where my own people had come from."

Hey Wayne, if yer out there mate maybe you can hook me up with some decent didgeridoo samples?
astroman

Re: Solid Rock (Goanna)

Post by astroman »

As the track‘s title suggests... solid rock performance (and a great mix) 8)
Tbh I frequently ask myself about how your „outback“ would feel in real life - opposed to those TV features.
Just considering dimension is almost beyond my imagination...
dante

Post by dante »

That's the problem, being a city slicker I've never seen the real outback (only the country driving between Sydney and Melbourne, and a few NSW coastal towns). Anyway part of what inspired me to do this track (other than liking it) was watching this Stan series from 2007 - 2010 :

https://www.stan.com.au/watch/the-circuit

Its filmed mainly on location in Broome WA and I have it on good authority that some of it is a fairly authentic depiction of Aussy outback life. More realistic than something like 'The Alice' which was both a movie and a series (which is a bit of a soap opera).

The Circuit is probably the closest you'll see other than actually going there.

nother good one about a guy who takes an upright piano piano across the Nullabor - ‘Upright’

https://g.co/kgs/6WbQ7p
Last edited by dante on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dante

Post by dante »