Most Famous Audio Engineer In History

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Most Famous Audio Engineer In History

Post by dawman »

Usually don’t waste too much time defending billionaires or criminal gang members (politicians) because they’re boring and predictable. I’d rather watch competitive gardening.

But this debacle in Nashville where a lucky audio engineer, in the presence of a Trump associate, as well as a Biden associate, decide when to Mute the microphones.

You know the lucky bastard has been approached with a 5,000 dollar bribe from the “moderator.” If she has any experience in American sports, you know the intimidation and noise is always useful, but nothing works better than the 3rd base coach and his base stealing signals. They can avoid obvious coordination by pulling your right earlobe, etc.

All that aside, I can’t imagine being the only person on Earth that can mute our loudmouth President.
How exhilarating would that be. Grinning to yourself as you cut off the God King Trump. Awesomeness.

Trump is a nasty clever bastard though. He knows media savvy guys, and Secret Service guys could easily find which board is being used and re wire it virtually or electronically so when the engineer hits mute, it’s actually Solo.

I can’t believe I’m actually giving up valuable to watch this horse shit.
But to see Trump get silenced would be 👍 in my book.
I’m on his side, but wished he would just shut up for a day or two. This won’t happen.
But seeing his mouth moving with that jacked off face, unaware he can’t be heard would be hillarious.

Lucky Bloody Soundman..
ronnie

Re: Most Famous Audio Engineer In History

Post by ronnie »

The ever clever mogul will probably record his whole rap on his iPhone or send it to his USSS guys live and they'll record it too. Can't wait to see the lip sync memes.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
dawman

Post by dawman »

No doubt.

I really did try to watch this but 15 minutes was enough.

Want to see the highlights instead.

Even though the realism factor of this is higher than what we’re use to.

Before candidates would insult their opponents birth/family/mother.
Then shake and smile, no punches thrown, etc. In the real world folks get knocked out for that shit.
valis

Post by valis »

dawman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:20 pm Before candidates would insult their opponents birth/family/mother.
Then shake and smile, no punches thrown, etc. In the real world folks get knocked out for that shit.
As apt a description for politics as you're ever likely to get anywhere, thanks Jimmy.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
borg

Post by borg »

And here I am thinking this would be about Rudy Van Gelder, Bob Katz, or whoever...

The world as it is today might be delighted with the on-stage antics of DJ Trump as a wingman for the next four years, the masses need some distraction. The real question is: Can the USA survive another four years of people like Betty Devos? You have grandchildren, Jimmy. Aren't you worried about their education? These days you got to be careful about your sources, but the news that gets to me, paints a very grim future for families with modest incomes. A small elite with a mute, dumbed down and well directed base.
Practically every society throughout history has been through such a phase. Sometimes the top (this is not about Dem/Rep) loses touch and gets too greedy... What goes up must come down, and vice versa, luckily. It's like a pendulum...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
valis

Post by valis »

There's more here than just a too greedy, Educational & Health Insurance the being primed for the 'market disruption' that has already been applied to most of the rest of our economy (Tech, Industry, Agricultural etc). This makes it possible to absorb that market without running afoul of antitrust laws, as the tentacles don't reveal the body until the deal is done and there's no clear line in the sand to point at for antitrust. Not that that matters anyway, it seems most DOJ investigations just tie these entities further into our infrastructure. So Amazon, Google & FB will someday be "too big to fail!" and get tax funded bailouts once their profits start dropping too...

Which is why I made that thread here. I'm not really interested in eating the rich, but I'm tired of them eating us. And when I was a child I was shown an image of sharecropping & hemp farming from 120 years ago that simply depicted a path between the fields and the gallows with a short stop to play an instrument if you were particularly plucky... in other words Get To Work You! or Suffer The Consequences, which might be one way to portray the dialectic between the two parties in the US right now...

Similar to this image, though the troubadour lying next to the gallows isn't visible in this version:
Hemp-forTraitors-American-Hemp-History-300x206.gif
Hemp-forTraitors-American-Hemp-History-300x206.gif (24.5 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
For whatever reason, this motivated me to try to lift up people in the music industry around me, and when I had an apartment burn down in my youth that reset me from playing the 6-string & driving in vans with bandmates to a record/flight case and synthesizers. A fact for which I am actually grateful in hindsight, thought it was painful to go through at the time, Would that I could feel that way about our current circumstances, but this is starting to grow somewhat onerous as I also grow older and more apathetic.
dawman

Post by dawman »

borg wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:36 am And here I am thinking this would be about Rudy Van Gelder, Bob Katz, or whoever...

The world as it is today might be delighted with the on-stage antics of DJ Trump as a wingman for the next four years, the masses need some distraction. The real question is: Can the USA survive another four years of people like Betty Devos? You have grandchildren, Jimmy. Aren't you worried about their education? These days you got to be careful about your sources, but the news that gets to me, paints a very grim future for families with modest incomes. A small elite with a mute, dumbed down and well directed base.
Practically every society throughout history has been through such a phase. Sometimes the top (this is not about Dem/Rep) loses touch and gets too greedy... What goes up must come down, and vice versa, luckily. It's like a pendulum...
Where do you think wealthy Liberals send their kids? The Do as I say not as I do crowd are the hypocrites, not DeVoss. She’s helping poor kids who show the aptitude get placed in schools where education is the goal, not social engineering or how to be a victim class studies.

Betsy (ditsy) DeVoss made me smile when she took young black children from a local Liberal ghetto and put them into a 50,000 dollar per year school with Al Franken’s kids (Wealthy/Disgraced Liberal Senator run out of office from the #MeToo movement).

He and several other wealthy Liberals threw a fit and cried all over social media, until they realized she flushed them out (like Quail), and they quickly deleted their true racist views, but it was all over after that.

But I agree that she is not a perfect woman, but she has fought hard for poor children of every race, and uses her own wealth to help out.

Having said that, my kids only go to Union schools until 8th grade, then I find better choices because it’s important to me to know I did my best.

Besides, one should never let schooling get in the way of a good education.

Cheerz
dawman

Post by dawman »

I wanted to see Trump muted damn it.
This was just another boring predictable event.

We’ll never know what happened in the audio booth.

Engineer probably had guns drawn on him.

Like a Trump Rally where directly behind him are always hot babes, and various minorities cheering on the God King while a gun is pressed into their backs....

Ankyu.
valis

Post by valis »

I have kind of enjoyed the resurgence of hot babes. The girls covered in ink has become so normalized that they're either going to have to resort to full body branding to stick out (unsure if I would consider that attractive) or...go as apple white skinned patriot babes in flag-adorned bikinis. So many people were cancelled in the last two weeks it's now a badge of authority that brings an audience rather than sheds one. How did we get to where being conservative was the edgiest counter-culture move you could make?

More seriously, identifying somewhat with the underdog here has gotten me branded so many things, most of which are only somewhat true :D (I jest, to the people who were calling me out as right wing in my security thread, which is better than flipping them the bird I suppose). And by identifying with the underdog, I mean I would like to take a page from your book Jimmy and make sure my children grow up being more than mindless drones. Thankfully I still have a few years with them to make sure that happens.
dante

Post by dante »

I would have thought a DAS Gate which gave each of them exactly one minute to speak during which the other person was auto muted would be the way to go. Why have Bob Katz there at all ? He could be busy remixing Rock Star tunes beyond recognition for politicians campaigns so they can’t get sued for copyright.

Here in Australia a Michael Hutchins impersonator used John Farnhams ‘The Voice’ to incite anti lockdown protesters in a busy shopping Centre, I’d like to see Wierd Al superimpose some rap commentary over the automuted debates to the tune of Star Spangled Banner and call it Bad Mangled Manners 🤪🤪🤪

Obama seemed to me to be the most articulate US president out of the lot of them so if I was a Rock Star I’d let him use any tune and hopefully take in some royalties 😀. I’d then donate my millions to setting up a new Xite and associated merch factory for Holger and Valis plus standalone beatboxes for all of Dawman grand children 👶
valis

Post by valis »

Obama was heavily trained in oration and NLP techniques, another “professional politician”. Upper East coast appeal
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah well I’d prefer a Gore Vidal or Isaac Asimov since I admire intellectual thinking.
But I can deal with a jerk like Trump as long as the Trains Run On Time.

Guess I’ll get to mute him when he pops up in between NetFlix episodes.
There’s just no escaping this entity. He’s everywhere.