Tasty new Ob-Xa Clone

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: Tasty new Ob-Xa Clone

Post by dawman »

Thumbs Up...!
valis

Post by valis »

dante wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:04 pm I would refer to the Teenage Engineering stuff maybe as 'Not that Toy crap' now.

In the same way I would refer to this IK Multimedia Syntronik as 'Not that Sample Crap' - but hey here it is - on special at $70 bucks if anyone wants a cheap - quick - all in one classic synth solution (including the OB, Moog, JP8, JP6 etc etc):

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... -syntronik

Probably hi poly due to being sample rather that circuit emu based.
THAT was the other OB-Xa clone I have, thanks for reminding me. I got a 'free' addition to Syntronik with their OX-a version of OB-Xa and wanted to link to the offer here but couldn't find the original email to recall what plugin maker gave it to me. I think I have too many plugins...
dante

Post by dante »

So whats the Syntronik stuff like sonically - eg given its sample based (not circuit based) ?

I'm guessing you'd use it just for the basic flavours of those synths hidden in a mix, and not fiddle around with patch design or much fancy filter/mod fiddely stuff.
valis

Post by valis »

There are 4 circuit based filter models, which are quite good. In practice using it is much like using Kontakt, although it's not quite the same in terms of the depth of sample manipulation and layering of course (though you can of course layer instances as with any VSTi). For someone who has Omnisphere or Falcon it might not be a necessity, but it's a great way to access classical analog sounds that are well known by everyone.
valis

Post by valis »

Not OB-Xa or Analog Synth related, but these might be worth a look for freebies:

MeldaProduction Releases MONASTERY GRAND Free Instrument

Sample Science Cassette Roads