Celmo's website is gone

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Celmo's website is gone

Post by Sounddesigner »

Has anyone spoke to Celmo in recent times? I know Celmo stopped accepting new purchases when Kagi his commerce service went out of business awhile back but i was hoping he'd get with another company to do payment transactions. Looks like the whole website is gone now. I hope it's not permanantly gone. Celmo is still one of my favorite developers and would be very horrible if his amazing plugins can never be aquired again. IMO some of his plugins are still the best out here and were far ahead of their times when they were released.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
dante

Re: Celmo's website is gone

Post by dante »

Yes Celmo should have agreed to assimilation like ScopeRise. Not sure about the commercial aspects - wonder if a shopping cart could be established - revenue to go to the common good of PZ site upgrades etc (incl Valis 1D fund, something for Gary, a mobile option such as TapaTalk, further promotion of the Scope platform etc etc all worthy causes).
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Yeah it would be great if Celmo made his huge collection of plugins still available for free or for profit that goes twards the community (Scoperise, Planetz, etc). Even today i'd still buy Celmo's Reverberator Spring reverb, Tape Echo Sim, Blue Wave wavetable synth, Vintage delay, etc. His Vocoder and Talk Box are the only ones of that kind that work at 96khz samplerate. Some of Celmo's plugins are second-to-none like Spring reverberator altho U-he now has one called Twangstrom that sounds amazing and is far more flexible than Celmo's Spring reverb they both sound different and i give the small edge sound-wise to Celmo's Spring reverb, tho they are both in the same league overall. Celmo's Spring reverb was released almost 20 years ago and U-he's was just released 1 year ago. Many of Celmo's very old plugins compete just fine with todays Native plugins IMO.

Many other developers have made their plugins still available after leaving the platform; De-Vice plugins can be obtained still for a small donation, Warp69 gave his Lexicon reverbs to SonicCore for Stock plugins and SonicCore still has Orbitone plugins. I seriously hope Celmo follows suit and does the same thing and make his collection of plugins still available. The good news is that Celmo's copy-protection is not tied to the SCOPE Hardware you currently own thus you can use his plugins on future hardware you buy and you can use them with several SCOPE rigs.
dawman

Post by dawman »

A great guy too.
Always happy to send you anything you lost.
Happened all the time with me until I learned what the definition of back ups were.