Midi controllers Pro One,Minimax,Profit5

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

jpo_midigods

Re: Midi controllers Pro One,Minimax,Profit5

Post by jpo_midigods »

100% agree Spielraum, In fact i am mixing live band projects using only the mouse and i like it so, only a few controllers mapped.

but for enjoyng synths realtime all we need a lot of precise labeled physical knobs at hand, also.

I wonder if ScopeSync could add a scripting module with an interpreter living in the windows side, or in the VST DAW... ok, im going to plug the C4 and check things since last time

jpo
"MIDI is the languaje of Gods" (anon)
jpo_midigods

Post by jpo_midigods »

Valis, im sure the C4 hardware only sends midi cc out and all protocol processing is on the pc side.
So with a module like (32x) bc midi control S with an array of inc/dec counters you could easily integrate C4 "natively" with Scope. I have failed miserably here...

jpo
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

anon wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:18 am I wonder if ScopeSync could add a scripting module with an interpreter living in the windows side, or in the VST DAW...
developer support could possibly be too late, because now will has sent itself into scope pension. but i'm still full of enthusiasm.
eurorack shows more and more dsp modules, why should scope developments fall asleep, i wonder ...
please contact w_ellis, and have fun, then i also have fun
https://github.com/wellis
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
jpo_midigods

Post by jpo_midigods »

The facts (if im not wrong)
- C4 hardware alone is a open simple machine thats sends out 32x fixed midi incremental cc non standard messages.
- C4 receives cc midi for update the 11 leds of each ring. You have to compute this cc because of diferent ring led modes.
- C4 also has 4x twoline text screens you can write relatively easy by midi sysex (screen texts are not easy to program).

- BCR is a midi beast.
- BCR can have incremental buttons programmed.
- BCR can update a knob by midi in.
- BCR can send programmed sysex from a knob.

I want to plug the C4 to the BCR2000 and have C4 knobs updating 32 ccs "hidden" into BCR.
Then BCR updates the screens and leds of the C4 by sending sysex and cc.
So you have the 32 knobs layout of the C4 next to the 32 of the BCR, each with bidirectional leds.
Now the screens, you have two lines over each C4 pot: use upper line for the correspondent BCR pot.

This way is easy to have 64x physical bidirectional knobs of two types, clicked and continous, with ring leds and 8 char text screen for each one for precise cc data. Personally i think a matrix of 16x4 labeled knobs is reasonable for Scope addiction.
Standalone and midi standard using BCR USB port. Everything is programmed into BCR firmware using BCL, in just one preset file.
PERFECT!

now im learning BCL and asking at bc mountain forum about programming an entity that manages a C4 pot.
Then some RPN midi also maybe.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

shit, i'm selling my c4.
good luck marrying the controller...

...maybe a startup / kickstart project will be created
bcr v2 anon edition ? :P
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
jpo_midigods

Post by jpo_midigods »

How much are you listing your C4? i paid 200€ shipped for mine, current C4 pro model has USB and is a lot more expensive.

I must be lucky cause i paid only 100€ for a BCR2000 with Zaquencer inside shipped to my home. By the way, Zaq is best sequencer for Scope, full stop.

I also offered 400€ for a obsolete, propietary 10k€ Control24 but no luck haha. They ended listing it for 900€. My idea was get supercheap advanced propietary daw control surfaces and make it standalone standard midi controllers.

C4 is part of a complete integrated propietary obsolete product so im afraid is only good for old Logic users...

Since i have been confined for 20 dias now in Scope heaven, I have tried again different options.

It seems C4+BCR cant be done, but i still dont gave up. Im asking Royce, the BCR god.

But im having good results with C4+Modular. I can proccess C4 messages and send sysex feedback to C4. Opposite i was thinking, is really quick easy to write C4 text labels from BCModular sysex module. I can post the .dev if you want it, today i hope to have something almost usable.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

anon wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 am How much are you listing your C4? ...
i sold it for 350, years ago and then bought 2x bcr2000
(+4x midimerger, for coupling with 2 other "old" midicontrollers...)
jpo_midigods

Post by jpo_midigods »

Ah ok. Happy 16x4 knobs matrix!

last night i get knob 1 of the C4 updating its screen with the incrmemented cc value, all using Modular. SUCCESS.

But it seems C4 text screens updated by 14 bytes Scope generated sysex messages each time is not really fast... but its enough fast for me by now, so i'll keep adjusting timings a bit and replicate 32x knobs in a pretty Modular cable mess haha! Im not addicted to Modular! I can quit Modular whenever i want to! Modular does not control me Haha!

jpo