SoundCloud + Covid19

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

w_ellis

SoundCloud + Covid19

Post by w_ellis »

Hi all,

A post from my day job for a change! In case you didn't already see this through our normal marketing channels, I thought I'd mention some of the things going on in response to recent events: https://creators.soundcloud.com/keep-the-music-going. The 50%-off Pro Unlimited and partnership with Twitch might be particularly interesting.

I know this is probably a pretty tough time for many of you here, especially for those of you that rely on live work for income. Please let me know if you have ideas that we should be talking about at SoundCloud that could help. The investment in creator-focused initiatives continues this year and I'm interested to know what things matter most to you all.

Best wishes from Berlin,
Will
Spielraum

Re: SoundCloud + Covid19

Post by Spielraum »

thank you for your sympathy!
bleib gesund!
ron
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
dante

Post by dante »

@Will, the new creator stuff on Soundcloud grabs my attention so I must check it out as I get time. Anything that boosts morale (like music) in these times is worth talking about. Distracting the public from doom for whatever amounts of time promotes morale, and morale underpins confidence in our world, and confidence underpins our ability to overcome.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Some more updates out today: https://blog.soundcloud.com/2020/04/02/ ... cloud-ceo/

Let me know if you'd like to know more about any of the things Kerry mentions, but I'm sure the Support button on the profile as well as the new distribution and marketing platform might be of interest to some of you at least.
valis

Post by valis »

Thanks w_ellis
dante

Post by dante »

Repost looks good Will. Need to resist the urge to make music so as to set aside some time to check it out.
dante

Post by dante »

Gotta say the new Insights feature is a boost ! Well done to the Team at SC including Will !

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2020/07/08/ ... paid-pulse
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Glad you like it! The team working on it is really excited about the longer term roadmap. This is just the start 😁
dawman

Post by dawman »

Coolness,
dante

Post by dante »

w_ellis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:26 pm Glad you like it! The team working on it is really excited about the longer term roadmap. This is just the start 😁
Great stuff. Cant see Insights in the Web interface though - is it only for mobile, due theres stats coverage on the web interface anyway ?
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Soon :) (and not a S|C soon)

In case you're interested, we've built Insights in a way to allow as much as possible to be shared between the web and mobile experiences, so the two can evolve and improve together. Let me know what does/doesn't work for you and I can pass feedback on to the team. No promises we'll be able to act on them, but always interested to hear how products end up being used in real life!
dante

Post by dante »

Well, theres good stats on listeners and on tracks - but they are disparate. Eg limited ability to see who played what. I think you cited some sort of privacy restrictions ?

In that case, why not add a check box that allows a listener to give permission for artists to see which of their tracks they've played ?

This would revolutionise stats and help artists set target audiences based on demographics.

For example 'Airplays' shows exactly who listened to what song on a play by play basis - they don't seem to have this privacy restriction - or maybe they have a mechanism for listeners to approve viewing of their track / listening data.
spacef

Post by spacef »

lower the volume of the audio ads by 6 dB please. they will still be hearable. For the moment they are much louder than many music so ads are shut down asap (i immeditely close the soundcloud tab...not sure when i will connect again...10 minute, an hour, 2 days...). just my 2 cents to keep the plateform audio-friendly and help musicians not having to look for other solutions. no need of zero ads, just lower the volumes a bit (6dB should be ok).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Thanks for the feedback Mehdi! I'll share it with our Ads team. We're looking into loudness normalization for non Ad playback which might also help with this.
dante

Post by dante »

Session with Dejan was productive... he's cool 8) . We spoke about Soundcloud as a one stop shop for hooking up song writers, performers, publishers, PRA's and distributors. And of course audience and fans. Its heading in some of those directions. Insights is a really good addition to mobile, but may need to be landscape or scrollable as play counts can disappear from 'tracks' tab when you tack on the original artists name to cover titles.