Music Tribe DAW from Behringer

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Music Tribe DAW from Behringer

Post by valis »

So they attempted to take down Peter Kirn...to launch a DAW?

As seen on Behringer's Facebook page
It’s now official. We will be creating our own Music Tribe DAW.
This is a massive undertaking, which will take at least 18 months and for that purpose we have now assembled a large development team.
Our Music Tribe DAW will also include samples and VST’s plus connections to third party VST’s. Our goal is to include the very best features available, including multiple user interfaces for both recording and DJ.
We would love to develop this together with you and hence encourage you to share your preferred platforms and features so we can consider your input. Our opportunity is that we have no legacy platform to maintain, which will allow us to think “blue sky” and combine the “best of all worlds”.

Best of all, the DAW will be FREE of charge! Our goal is to empower all musicians to record, mix, edit and publish their music.
We have also recently launched our Music Tribe Market Place where you can buy and sell gear for free. Check out www.freemusictribe.com

As always thank you so much for all your support and loyalty.
Bud Weiser

Re: Music Tribe DAW from Behringer

Post by Bud Weiser »

They will hire the best coder team they can get for money and is available.
Music Tribe has the budget and only Apple and Yamaha/Steinberg is on par.
I guess they´ll come up w/ results relatively fast since they won´t have to deal w/ old code to be updated/replaced and might implement the latest MIDI standards from day one.
I hope they won´t forget SysEx.
UB bought knowledge by aquiring top notch hardware companies like Midas, Klark Teknik and TC,- and he won´t stop for the software department.
The vintage hardware synth clones are pretty good, at least for the money,- so why not a DAW application ?
There are so many other apps out there I cannot imagine it will come close to inventing the wheel.
Instead I guess, they already reverse engineered what others did and do the puzzle.

We´ll see ...

:)

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

Make it a hardware DAW separate from current OS’s and I’ll buy it.
Stick it inside of the Wing Mixer, screw M$oft, App£€ and Int€£.
Use a Rasberry PI like Korg WaveState uses.
dante

Post by dante »

I bet they'll reverse engineer Ableton Live, slap some makeup on, add support for their own hardware and release it as their amazing new DAW :lol: