Cookies

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Cookies

Post by Bud Weiser »

Just a question ...

How can I get rid from the message "This website uses Cookoes ...." [Got it!] button ???
I can click on it as much as I can, but it comes back every time I visit this forum site.
Didn´t happen for a looooong time before.

:)

Bud
valis

Re: Cookies

Post by valis »

It's for GPDR in europe, and this stuff is being enforced by more & more online software (meaning when I install CMS's and forum software, or update, it prompts to enable this). I'm still US based so technically I can disable it but it's likely that it will eventually be necessary even stateside. It might be that you have your browser to block the cookie and phpbb is falling back to using Session ID when you browse, which you could see by looking at the url as it will have something like SESSID appended to every url you visit.

Is anyone else unable to clear the message..aka unable to set the cookie?
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

fine here
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Hi Valis !

I´d have the option "keeping THAT cookie" on my machine instead deleting automatically every time I clean the machine w/ CCleaner.
But,- I cannot find any cookie named "planetz" or such.
Which cookie is it ? What´s the name ?
It´s all about I don´t wanna see the nmessage all the time because it steals space on the bottom of my screen and I don´t want it coming back all the time regardless how often I click [Got it!] button.

So, once I´m able making itn permanant, it´s all good.

:-)

Bud
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

I see it sometimes. I'm within the United States, but route everything through a VPN which may be the root cause of occasional weirdness. I couldn't reach this forum through Cyprus last week... so it goes.
dante

Post by dante »

I get it on the iPhone which I thought didn’t have cookies at all ! (?). It’s annoying.

How much would it cost to go TapaTalk ?
valis

Post by valis »

As far as cookies go, the forums are set to use scopeusers.com for this and your session, and I see scopeusers.com & forums.scopeusers.com in my cookies. I'll turn it off for now...no thanks for TapaTalk :)

Also, of course iPhones have cookies, but what you do with them depends on how you set your phone up.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:13 pm As far as cookies go, the forums are set to use scopeusers.com for this and your session, and I see scopeusers.com & forums.scopeusers.com in my cookies. I'll turn it off for now...
thank you !

I don´t see ´em in CCleaner b.t.w..
Normally, in the left area are all that will be deleted when CCleaner wipes "all" cookies,- except those being moved to the right area.
But everything "scopeusers" are missing,- left or right ... weird.

:)

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

I typed "scope" to find them in CCleaner and my browser, and they show up. Cleared, logged back in, and they show up again. There's also one that the paypal donate button is trying to set, but it's blocked by an extension here.