Bandcamp can save us all over again [Guide] by Peter Kirn

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Bandcamp can save us all over again [Guide] by Peter Kirn

Post by valis »

Bandcamp can save us all over again [Guide]

I buy more & more music from here now, and his idea of ownership is one reason why. The fact that pandora & spotify make curating my playlists harder than a local media player is another reason why. But that's as a fan...

As someone who occasionally makes money from music, the streaming platforms pay a miserly sum indeed and bandcamp seems one of the few hopes the home & independant recording artist has at the moment. Peter Kirn does a fair job of discussing the ins & outs of using Bandcamp. Thoughts & reflections from anyone here that uses it?
dante

Re: Bandcamp can save us all over again [Guide] by Peter Kirn

Post by dante »

Myself and Group Of Light use it :

Group Of Light
The Hive
Story Behind The Light

Dante
Sea Of Songs

Things I like about it
. You can upload later mixes of your songs to replace existing ones - which I did as all were remixed with Harrison MB32C
. You can add your ISRC numbers to each track (eg after registering them with a PRO (APRA/ASCAP etc)
. Add lyrics, credits and other tags
. Control pricing (album & singles from same independantly) but allow fans to pay more if they want.
. Add video

Its very flexible, and I like the artists admin gui. Heres my take on it ScopeRise on BandCamp Promotion under the 'promotion' tab - so Im going to add a link to the Peter Kim's Bandcamp Guide there for sure !!!
Last edited by dante on Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:55 am, edited 10 times in total.
Mr Arkadin

Re: Bandcamp can save us all over again [Guide] by Peter Kirn

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Big bandcamp fan. Love supporting smaller bands.