Matrox D-Series cards using NVidia Quadrop chips

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Matrox D-Series cards using NVidia Quadrop chips

Post by valis »

These likely won't be cheap, and probably exceed the needs of most users here. But for low power usage single slot cards with multi-monitor support AND without advanced 3D needs (games) these cards are likely to perform well. And if Matrox's past performance indicates future trends they will likely debug any DPC related issues that the stock Nvidia drivers come with (usually DPC latency from gaming class cards come so that they can eek the last few % of performance out of them to translate into 2-3 fps higher counts on benchmarks for end user/buyers).

Matrox Unveils D-Series Graphics Cards with NVIDIA Quadro GPUs
dante

Re: Matrox D-Series cards using NVidia Quadrop chips

Post by dante »

This could be just what I've been looking for. I need a card with 2+ HDMI outputs but the GEForce GTX 1050 I bought with the Gigabyte i9 machine took up 2 slots so made it hard to fit Scope PCIe, UAD2 PCIe and leave a slot for future expansion. So I ripped it out and am running on the old 1 slot card from my i7 system which can only output 1 x HDMI plus the second monitor crappy VGA.

I found it extremely hard to source a single slot card able to output more than 1 HDMI.

Will be down to pricing - but here's hoping it will be sub AU$300 (optimistic???)
valis

Post by valis »

Probably optimistic. Were you unable to use a DP > HDMI adapter? An active one capable of 4K@60hz should do HDMI to any monitor just fine from a displayport output. Use the native hdmi output as your primary monitor until you're sure it's solid.
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah adaptors are an option, prefer to do without if budget allows.
valis

Post by valis »

I have a box full of them, and they work fine here. Still if you're not interested in that route, there should be some multi-out single slot Quadros on the market already if you don't need more advanced 3d stuff. This is just neat because of the resolution it supports and the fact that you can put up to 4 in a single machine for up to 16 outputs (which is well beyond what anyone here should care about I think).
dawman

Post by dawman »

Also USB does Display Port Monitors without a power cable. I can use 2 live if I found the need but I only need one.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yep, i have a Quadro with 4 displayport outs. i use displayport to hdmi cables. i've also used displayport to dvi cables. digital video is digital video. it's the same signal no matter what connector is attached.
valis

Post by valis »

The only issue is the bandwidth supported, but for 1080p @ 60hz that’s rarely a problem. All of my home monitors are 2K - 4K Rez now and the cost difference for adapters is negligible so imho getting one that supports 4K is a no brainee for future proofing. Also means that noisy signal runs will be less likely to suffer degradation.