The new UA recording system - L U N A

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: The new UA recording system - L U N A

Post by dawman »

Steinberg still blames Windows in 2020 too....
dante

Post by dante »

I think all this is really just about TB3. Some Wintel motherboards may have no inbuilt TB3 so needs an adaptor to run a UA interface at higher I/O rate/channels (whilst TB3 would be inbuilt on a latest Mac ?). And yeah you can classify that as a Windows thing if you like but really it has nought to do with Windows intrinsically, just the way the market has built up around the 2 platforms.
valis

Post by valis »

Gigabyte has a TB3 adapter that works fine, and there are others. By "works fine" I mean hackintosh users are able to use it transparently with things like UAD's soundcards, so it's not a hardware issue. The comments read more like a developer who has anti-windoze bias. I had one of those at my last company and he refused to believe Windows would run stably so the IT dept there never made the Editing machines (Adobe Premiere & After Effects) run stably---until I got there and said I only reboot for windows updates and never have a crash with any software when doing video work.
dawman

Post by dawman »

valis wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm Gigabyte has a TB3 adapter that works fine, and there are others. By "works fine" I mean hackintosh users are able to use it transparently with things like UAD's soundcards, so it's not a hardware issue. The comments read more like a developer who has anti-windoze bias. I had one of those at my last company and he refused to believe Windows would run stably so the IT dept there never made the Editing machines (Adobe Premiere & After Effects) run stably---until I got there and said I only reboot for windows updates and never have a crash with any software when doing video work.
Common sense usually proves the “experts” wrong.
The guy you replaced likely was promoted for failing, popular these days for the WOKElings.

In Washington DC you get rewarded for failure, usually get sent back to make believe land at some University so you can teach others to fail.
valis

Post by valis »

I didn't replace him, though I did help the video production department fix their issues since he was unwilling to (claimed that they 'paid him too much money' to do IT work, regardless of how much it was actually affecting productivity, and the answer for everything was always 'buy a mac'). Honestly he was equally stubborn with anything that touched on his arena and seemed inclined to do as little as possible, secure in his position regardless of how it affected overall progress for the company. I was basically getting paid to show up on time and be responsive once or twice a month when the CEO came knocking, and otherwise made up my work schedule and goals. The steady income is nice and predictable, but the low level of productivity there bothered me to no end and I left before it gave me bad habits.