Valis deserves a Tenacious 'D'

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Valis deserves a Tenacious 'D'

Post by dante »

From here https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36255 and Ambient Source's 'D' sale here https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36257
valis wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:28 pmI would say give this a shot, and then evaluate whether you have a use for your Xite after the fact. Btw I am sorely tempted to reply to your sale offer, my 2001 era Scope hardware is currently blushing out of envy.
1300 Euro = $2100 AUD where buying a 'D' new would be $2380 Euro or $3,700 AUD - however, I got mine for about $2,500 AUD I think because I didn't have to pay the 19% Tax on there site and Holger gave me a sore dick deal as well. Plus I didn't cop any import duty when it hit down under so I got lucky :) That was 2011 - 9 years ago and the thing is solid as a rock. I bought my new DAW for the next decade so expect the 'D' to run at least that long as well. Also the PCI cards which are up to 18 years old will run in the old DAW. So this shit is GOOD !

You're due for a bit of long service good will for your work here. Tell ya what guys, lets pledge a donation if Valis decides to go for it - I'm in for $50 AUD.
dawman

Re: Valis deserves a Tenacious 'D'

Post by dawman »

I’m donating as soon as my tax bill gets paid. Quarter 1 of each year is always a pleasure, but my bill has gone down from tax cuts, so I’m going to be generous.
Lost my ass this Christmas because when you get to keep your money you tend to feast while you can.

I love S|C and the Z....
valis

Post by valis »

dante, you're a don. However I suspect I would still have to cover a considerable amount, so let me think on this offer before you guys promise donations. And clear it with the mrs. of course :)

Btw I just started teaching at a local college today, which pays a lot less than my previous incarnation. It's not a full time commitment (in terms of class load), but I'm a bit excited to share my years of experience with young minds and steward them through a few months of learning.
dante

Post by dante »

Once you decide, I’ll donate anyway
valis

Post by valis »

I certainly appreciate it, and the support! Let's see where I stand in 2 weeks, I'm exhausted from being doubled booked at the moment (2 client projects plus starting classes and I haven't yet completed creating my initial projects for the syllabus).
dante

Post by dante »

Done. Put it to whateva since the 'D' has gone :( :( Hope yer classes going well.
valis

Post by valis »

Ironically I suddenly have more client work than I can handle right as classes start. But it'll smooth out.

And I'm sure if i could put an Xite to use, I'd figure out a way to get one. The donation drive for migrating the Wiki's was a very low showing compared to past efforts, so it may be best that this was passed on for now. Maybe if I get the old files linked, wiki's ported, and clear up enough schedule to actually use a new DSP unit we can try again. Appreciate the support above all :)