Ensoniq dp4

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Interference

Ensoniq dp4

Post by Interference »

Hi all,
If by any chance someone has a multifx ensoniq dp4 or dp4+ for sale, feel free to contact/pm me :)
Thanks!
netguyjoel

Re: Ensoniq dp4

Post by netguyjoel »

I have one
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Fantastic Crystal Clear Chorus effect.
Been 25 years since I heard one but back then TC Electronics and Eventide Ruled the modulation world.
DP4s were equally as good, even better for non pitch shifting algos and cheaper than the others.

Congrats
Interference

Post by Interference »

Thanks Dawman :)

This explains my question on the other forum… I don't know yet how I will plug it but I guess the option with the extra mixer will make it.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Scopes analog I/Os are really good compared to most interfaces.
I just hooked up a cheap ass Behringer DR600 Reverb Pedal and couldn't believe how good this 40 dollar pedal sounds.
spacef

Post by spacef »

When I first plugged my EPS 16+ into a Pulsar, I could not beleive how good the sound was, and all the character of the EPS16+ sound/grain could be heard.
The DP4 is the effect section of the EPS16+.
(show off mode) I met daft punk before they were famous and we talked about the distortion/wah of the EPS: i thought it was awful, they thought it was great. They used it with a pedal if I remember well. I think i've also heard it in a Lady Gaga songs a few years ago, but may that was something else.

I loved the " phaser + reverb" because you could play with the resonance and get wild "self oscillating effects". I must try the "rotary speaker + reverb" again, i don't remember how it sounds, i just remember it was a cool effect.

Here is a dafty punky TR 909 from a MC 303 Groovebox, sampled into an EPS16+ and recorded through an Xite...
https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic ... 46#p342346
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu
Interference

Post by Interference »

You're right as expected I love the sound of the ensoniq, it sounds amazing for me :). I guess some of you will find too much character, for me this is perfect. I mean even with a "small effect" and not too much wet sounds it brings a real identity

By the way thanks spacef for the kit it sounds very nice!
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks, I am happy that you like it !

I am currently resampling all my drumkits diskettes ... done 50 kits already, another 30 left... it is long.... but thanks to the 8 instruments slots on 8 midi chanels, I can sample 8 kits at once in a single DAW track....

The real hard part is cutting and saving individual samples, renaming each slice.... what i do not do yet is tagging them in maschine....

I sample them dry for the moment - no EPS 16+ effects.

What is "funny" is that all dikettes are in great condition: no corrupted disk found yet.. 25 years old.... many CDs of mine are not readable anymore (scratches or bad data etc).
Attachments
eps16+.png
eps16+.png (223.94 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

CD's degrade from exposure to air, the layer that holds the data is the THIN side, and CDR's are even worse as they use a chemical goop that's intended to change with exposure to heat. I've found the same thing, I have floppy disks going back to the early 90's that work fine and much of my CD collection migrated to FLAC or backed up data in preparation for the degradation about a decade ago.