Have you tried Halion6?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Have you tried Halion6?

Post by Marco »

:o If you want to Fall in Love? Try out the new Halion. Only 3500 very usable sounds in Musical context! :o :o :o I didn't expect that. SE and Version 3 are unusable! Only Version 6 is PERFEKT!

At the moment Summersale 50% instead 349 € they want 175 in Hamburg / Germany!

Get Halion 6,

NI, mach, Omnisphere do only deliver 12000 unusable sounds. I like 3500 usable sounds. And not 12000 effects. I am a practicable Musican, not a programmer, collector of sounds, or a fulltime soundtweaker. Music is the most important.

Here some Improvisation examples, really not perfect. Listen to the sound. I never heard something like that.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPWzfjyiAbwlmecY9OZBR-bLaFY

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPWzfjyiAbwlmYkV8MR8xZxjVDp

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPWzfjyiAbwlmXXWTkqZfkUbTWU

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPWzfjyiAbwlmQf0BvzfLVIiub3
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dawman

Re: Have you tried Halion6?

Post by dawman »

Glad you like it.
The Transistor Organ sound reminded me of Steely Dans “Do It Again” without the the slap back.
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Yes, very impressive, and does some really amazing manipulation of samples. I used to minimize my use of samplers because of the lack of expression available. Gigasampler didn't really do it for me despite the massive samples, Kontakt gets closer with the sometimes ridiculous number of layers and is my go-to for orchestral articulations, but Halion really feels like synthesis with sampled oscillators. This is also a reminder that I need to learn/practice/fool around with the granular capabilities.
Marco

Post by Marco »

OMG im so happy, you have heard it too! Yes this Plugin didn't let me sleep last night after spending not too much money, because of the 50% discount. I wanted to go to bed at midnight, but suddenly it was 5 o clock in the morning. I just scratched the upper surface of this complex masterpiece of vst Plugin.
At first I wanted to buy it only for it's automatic sampling engine. Maybe I can replace samplerobot with it? But it came different, the samples and the samplemanipulations are enoumous. I still want to sample my Modular System to get a sound like I heard on IKs syntronik, this Plugin kills every analog modeling. So I had the idea to expand the use of my physical hardware modular System as a mother of sounds, existing on a Harddisk as a sample Bank. I will report..... How it goes. If not with halion, then with samplerobot, and halion will be the perfect duo.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

The Ableton Suite sampler is similar, in that it has that same feel of a synthesizer with sample oscillators. And a good collection of sample variety (both useable and fx).
borg

Post by borg »

Just out of interest... Is it really worth it, sampling entire instruments, even if they are non recallable modular patches? I flip through my hats and snares collection regularly while producing, but kicks, basses and synths I sculpt from init patches as the project evolves, maybe use a go to preset I made earlier, and start from there.

I just can't see it being worthwhile, spending time and disk space on sampling stuff you will never use. At least, that's my experience.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall