iLok License Manager

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fidox

iLok License Manager

Post by fidox »

Hi there !

I'm also using iLok license manager for few vst plugins i have.
Now , i'm not sure, but newer versions of iLok license manager needs internet connection.
Wasn't there with older versions of iLok, that you can also work offline and use / run those vst plugins ?
or simply i didn't pay attention or didn't use plugin licensed with ilok while working offline.
I have somewhere in my mind that i was working offline and also running those plugins registered with iLok license manager.
Anyone have any idea ? :)

Best
dawman

Re: iLok License Manager

Post by dawman »

I use to have mine installed inside my rackmounted PC, and that computer rarely went online.
You couldn’t leave the stick in because a bunch of little assholes in Vegas would steal it just to fuck up guys rigs.
Most guys wore theirs like a necklace on breaks and that was tacky so I just had a guy pull my faceplate apart for an interior permanent install.
I haven’t used iLok for a while now, last one I had one was Zero Time Down or some other new marketing name.
I still have it but uninstalled all of it just because the EULA was pages long which tells me they’re selling your data.
And it’s just something that annoys me when we have a product serial method that NEVER causes problems.
fidox

Post by fidox »

I don't have stick , it's just software license manager.
i also remember that i didn't have to be online to use plugins which were installed on license manager, but i think that newer versions of iLok
license manager works just online.
i must check if i have any older version to try, but i think not anymore,
dunno if there is archive with older versions of iLok software.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i think that the software ilok needs to be online, but the dongle ilok does not...that might be wrong, but that's what i remember. i tend to avoid most things that need ilok.
fidox

Post by fidox »

Yea, i understand.
Ofcourse , i'm not 100% sure, but few plugins which also needs iLok license manager i'm using quite some time and i mostly have my audio workstation offline, just for updates (windows, drivers ... ) then back to offline.
So, i think newer versions of iLok license manager need online connection.
Maybe if i try to find 1 year old iLok license manager version and try that, just for test.
But first, i must find it :)
fidox

Post by fidox »

just iLok usb dongle