96 KHz

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Re: 96 KHz

Post by yayajohn »

braincell wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 am
Nestor wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:47 pm
Folks, you there using 96 KHz, if you were to give a percentage about the subjective perception of the sound achieved, what would you say? I will be clearer with a precise question: How much better to your ears do you think the jump between 48 and 96 is? Is it 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%? Try to be as precise as you can please.
For some (not all) plugins, 96KHz makes a clearly audible difference. I don't know this but that is what I have been told. For pitch shifting, the higher the better. It's nice to have that option if you are a weird sound designer as I am.
brain; have you used Zynaptic Pitch Map? I have fiddled with it at times and I could only get it to work in real time when raised the latency of my scope system to 13ms.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Nestor wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 am Thank you guys, your answers are VERY relevant to solve this mystery, if you allow me to describe a KHz upgrade like this :D

It depends on what you're doing with it. I believe 96KHz will be the new standard.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes, it will always happen the same, this is the way technology goes up and the market itself moves too, in accordance, so it keeps alive, that’s fine. We will probably go to a new standard of 192 KHz and so on in the following months or years. I know people already working in 384 KHz for very high quality output in new movie industry, but this is done only with the edition of the tracks I think. I don't know of any DAW already giving you such a high KHz standards. Perhaps it already exists?

I am very happy where I am as I already said. Now, what I need is to go for a real good Wooding section, this is something I have been missing for a long time in my work. I have some, but they don’t longer have the needed quality, versus the amazing works out there you can find in the Kontakt arena.

Which one would you recomend by the way? Sorry for the OT here...
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*