Windows 10 midi device install notes

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

w_ellis

Windows 10 midi device install notes

Post by w_ellis »

Just thought I'd list these solutions that I found for getting things going in Windows 10 (I'm running Pro 64bit) here in case it helps anyone else:

Behringer BCR2000 - didn't work in BC Manager (and generally) until I plugged it directly into one of my PC's USB ports, rather than via a USB hub. I used the driver mentioned here: Idiot's guide to...

Roland PCR800 (aka Edirol PCR800, I think) - bit of a nightmare to get working, but once I followed the instructions here seems to be working just fine: http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3267234&p=1. Bit daft that Roland didn't update their drivers given there's actually very little change needed for them to work, but there you go!
valis

Re: Windows 10 midi device install notes

Post by valis »

BCF2000 here works fine with a hub, but I make sure I use Multi-TTM hubs instead of passive ones...
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Mine is supposedly a good one for MIDI devices (plugable), but no joy...
valis

Post by valis »

Yep says it supports MultiTTM (in its own language), so no idea. Glad that mine works off a hub though, as the computer is not very close to my desk. Certainly appreciate the sharing of information, always.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Thanks for the info on the BCR2000 which will come in handy when I upgrade which I hope to at some point soonish :)