Behringers Mini is coming now. Pre-order possible!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

w_ellis

Re: Behringers Mini is coming now. Pre-order possible!

Post by w_ellis »

petal wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:04 am I know I'm dreaming, but it is a beautiful dream where you have both XTC-mode and Scope-mode available at the same time on the same system :o
That's the dream of Scopesync 😉 Starting to get back into it after a bit of a Daddy and new job/country hiatus
petal

Post by petal »

It can allready be achieved (somewhat) if you have both a PCI and and XITE in the same-system. Only problem is that the old XTC-mode does have quirks. I'm hoping that Scope 7 will bring us an updated fully functionally XTC-mode :)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

w_ellis wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 pm
That's the dream of Scopesync 😉 Starting to get back into it after a bit of a Daddy and new job/country hiatus

Looking fwd to that Will :)
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I am using a lot the Minimax, and it really is great. But GREAT! The final sound you can get is truly MUSICAL, and this is the big difference compared with other even nicer, bigger, more expensive and impressive synths. You can play many new Moog versions, even in hardware, but they sometimes sound pretty harsh or "too good" alone, but when the moment comes to use them in consonance with many other instruments as a band, you end up letting them alone... On the contrary, with Minimax I always find a way to sound exactly right or appropriate if you want.

If you compose, like I do, you need instruments that are friendly with the rest of the instruments, timber wise, and this is not always the case with synths, even if you apply tones of EQ and stuff, but this is not the point of course, you want something that works and inspires you. Minimax is a fantastic achievement in that sense, and many of the SCOPE synths in general are very musical with a little bit of preparation.

Spectacularity is not the key for me, musicality is. This is also what happens with Diva.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*