Anyone on PolyM from Xils?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Anyone on PolyM from Xils?

Post by Nestor »

*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Mr Arkadin

Re: Anyone on PolyM from Xils?

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I tried it. For some reason I didn't get on with it and even at the introductory price thought i was a bit expensive.

As a Gary Numan fan this should have been a no-brainer, although he mostly used the Vox Humana off of the Polymoog Keyboard. The Vox Humana on the sample-based Synth Magic Kontakt instrument is better.

Interesting synth though with unusual architecture. I'll probably give it another go at some point, maybe when there's a sale! :D
Marco

Post by Marco »

In 1995 I wanted to buy this, but I didn't. I was stupid. OK I survived and today I don't need it anymore.

I want to get the spectrasonic Omnisphere and toontrack superior drummer 3. These are my very last wishes. Then I close the studio and do not look around. Because I am a musician and I want to play again. Nothing else.

For my, these 2 vst sample based stuff is the best for my kind of music and workflow.

As a Metal fan and synthesizer music fan I want to have these highend vst.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Marco wrote:In 1995 I wanted to buy this, but I didn't. I was stupid. OK I survived and today I don't need it anymore.
I think you're talking about something else. This plug-in only came out this year.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I think Marco is talking about "the real thing", I guess... otherwise he is wrong for sure :wink:

Well, the PolyM looks terrific for sure, but I did not tried it yet, I cannot really tell for the moment how god it is. Now, (correct me if I'm wrong), I think you can create all these kind of particular sounds and timbers from the U-He Diva. tHE PolyM and Diva are at the exact same price.

I'm probably judging too fast, as I said, I did not play with it myself, I have just listened to the demo sounds and some of the presets were truly inspiring, very beautiful like in old time genesis kind of groups.

When I tried Arturia V-Collection I judged too fast, and I was wrong, then I could see, working with it, that it is a magnificent collection of instruments, so I don't want to make the same mistake here.

Please, if you try it, post here your opinions, that would be great! :)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Nestor wrote:Well, the PolyM looks terrific for sure, but I did not tried it yet
I actually hate the look (if you take the meaning in a literal way). The GUI really put me off. I assume you meant looks as in specs though. :D
Marco

Post by Marco »

Yes I talked about the real thing from 1995. And I think it is an interesting Plugin from 2017. I think if you can get a demo then try it out.
But this is really not a Diva! The polymoog was a technical unique thing because it was working a little bit like an electric organ and it had a unlimited number of voices made with the Technik of a frequency devider. So it is not a classic synthesizer where voices are scare goods.

No matter for you, because the VST spend more voices with each Plugin.

But it makes me wonder what is the problem with the arturia collection?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Well..., I love the interface as it is... :oops: ingenuity, I know, but I truly do :P

I tried it, VERY nice instrument all together! :) I think it is worth it.