Free SoundToys little microshift

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ShogunSpy

Free SoundToys little microshift

Post by ShogunSpy »

Here is a free plugin from Soundtoys the Little Microshift is based on a simple, but effective studio trick for creating wide stereo tracks from mono sources. Originally done using hardware pitch shifters, as well as the original SoundToys SoundBlender plug-in, this technique has been used in pro studios as a “secret weapon” on countless vocals, guitars and more for a widening, doubling and interesting spatial effect that adds focus or power to tracks run through it. Now three of the most popular versions of this effect are available at the touch of a button.
https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2013/&rc=243-0349-643
Bud Weiser

Re: Free SoundToys little microshift

Post by Bud Weiser »

ShogunSpy wrote:Here is a free plugin from Soundtoys the Little Microshift is based on a simple, but effective studio trick for creating wide stereo tracks from mono sources. Originally done using hardware pitch shifters, as well as the original SoundToys SoundBlender plug-in, this technique has been used in pro studios as a “secret weapon” on countless vocals, guitars and more for a widening, doubling and interesting spatial effect that adds focus or power to tracks run through it. Now three of the most popular versions of this effect are available at the touch of a button.
https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2013/&rc=243-0349-643
Crap, they want too much personal info when registering,- and a iLok ID.

not for me it seems

Bud
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

nothing is for free! :)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

ShogunSpy wrote:nothing is for free! :)
No ?

What does you line "Here is a free plugin from Soundtoys" mean then ?

Friends don´t recommend iLok to friends !
I´d never ever use a iLok dongle.

Bud
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

what about a scope dongle 8) :P
valis

Post by valis »

Funny I have 2 iLoks now...and have all the soundtoys freebies :D
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

Bud Weiser wrote:
ShogunSpy wrote:nothing is for free! :)
No ?

What does you line "Here is a free plugin from Soundtoys" mean then ?

Friends don´t recommend iLok to friends !
I´d never ever use a iLok dongle.

Bud
Wow Bud sorry I let you down :)
I have had no issues with iLok except for the fact that it takes up a USB slot not to sure why people hate them with a passion ?
I also have a confession there is a competition http://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2013/contest to win a Eventide H3000 D/SE for spreading the word for this free Plugin
Peace
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I'm with Bud. I already have a dongle for Cubase, last thing I need is another one.

And you just know the information will find its way to 'relevant parties you might be interested in'. Sick of being treated like a marketing cow to be milked at will.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Spubase, ProFools, Barely Alive Ableton, Tragic, Snotty-O-1, all are happily stored on the new Dongle RAID Solution from Yamaberg.
sdr400-2.jpg
sdr400-2.jpg (33.42 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Well if you bought an ilok dongle you could also load up the Relab LX480 demo and report back here with some audio samples :D
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Mr Arkadin wrote:I'm with Bud. I already have a dongle for Cubase, last thing I need is another one.

And you just know the information will find its way to 'relevant parties you might be interested in'. Sick of being treated like a marketing cow to be milked at will.
I have 2 meanwhile (eLicencer and Phead) and I want to get rid of the eLicencer now and won´t accept any iLok which is the worst of all.
I´ve now read, w/ Reason 7 there will come a new protection scheme hosting the code on the harddrive and using the dongle to store the licence save in the box (the last for the users who already own the dongle).
New Reason 7 customers won´t need a dongle anymore.
Phead is the only DAW company who introduced a dongle, then listened to their customers and now make it obsolete again.

I also find it totally unacceptable, a company offering a freeware teaser wants my full name, phone number, full adress and more.
I give a s##t on that kind of offers which is nothing else than dealing w/ peoples personal infos,- they sell it, I´m sure.
Needing an iLok for a freebie is priceless ...

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

yayajohn wrote:Well if you bought an ilok dongle you could also load up the Relab LX480 demo and report back here with some audio samples :D
It´s really good !
A friend of mine buyed it after comparing the demo w/ his Lexicon 480.

He made comparisons I listened to some time ago,- using old material he had formerly mixed w/ the real thing, then for the comparisons using same single tracks w/ both, the real and the plugin and re-creating his presets he formerly used.
It´s very close !
He´s on Mac Pro dual Xeon 8-core, latest OS X, w/ Logic and Protools DSP, so CPU usage doesn´t matter much for him.

I´d want it if I´d had such a fast machine but I don´t want iLok so I´d pass anyway.
The gear doesn´t make the music.

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

Bud Weiser wrote: I also find it totally unacceptable, a company offering a freeware teaser wants my full name, phone number, full adress and more.
I give a s##t on that kind of offers which is nothing else than dealing w/ peoples personal infos,- they sell it, I´m sure.
Needing an iLok for a freebie is priceless ...

Bud
They get more money by selling your name than people wanting to buy their tinker toys.
That revenue will fund their quest for their revolutionary MiniMoog emulation...
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

i had a plugin for scope that worked in a similar way, but it was "automatic double tracker" it was only mono though, and i dont know if it still works in newer versions of scope.

you could adjust the "wow and flutter" of the 2 pitch shifters, which were modulated by a random lfo.

once i can edit my stuff on x-ite i could do a nice stereo creator version.
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

Neutron wrote:i had a plugin for scope that worked in a similar way, but it was "automatic double tracker" it was only mono though, and i dont know if it still works in newer versions of scope.

you could adjust the "wow and flutter" of the 2 pitch shifters, which were modulated by a random lfo.

once i can edit my stuff on x-ite i could do a nice stereo creator version.
That would be great Neutron and sound even better I am sure ! And dawman you have a future in advertising If you don't already :lol:
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

http://www.planetz.com/Pulsar/files/dev ... %20ADT.mdl

give it a try and let me know if it still works. apparently jimmyv still uses it sometimes.

you could use 2 with slightly different settings for stereo.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Neutron wrote:i had a plugin for scope that worked in a similar way, but it was "automatic double tracker" it was only mono though, and i dont know if it still works in newer versions of scope.
Do you mean the ADT device? That works in Scope 5 PCI and XITE-1 just fine.

It seems to be stereo - but perhaps you mean it is not true stereo and sums internally? There are L and R in and outs though.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

it wasn't really meant as a stereo creator though i think i just left the left and right connected (cant remember and my old scope card machine i can look at it with is not set up)

maybe it has 4 then..hmm i totally dont remember lol.

slow house renovation while working and trying to get a few hours in for music, i have stopped developing, ill get back when i have more hours to spare
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

Neutron wrote:it wasn't really meant as a stereo creator though i think i just left the left and right connected (cant remember and my old scope card machine i can look at it with is not set up)

maybe it has 4 then..hmm i totally dont remember lol.

slow house renovation while working and trying to get a few hours in for music, i have stopped developing, ill get back when i have more hours to spare
I know what you mean 2 kids and a full time job here! Enjoy your precious music time..hopefully in the future you will have some time to develop again
Sláinte
dawman

Post by dawman »

It is Stereo and works great, especially if you use 2 in Alfonsos' M/S Plug In.
I now have the Moog 12 Stage Phaser as an Insert Effect, prefer the ADT w/ M/S over Chorus Effects for my Rhodes, and Shayne Whites Full Panner, so I can get the Weather Report Rhodes, Chick Corea, Hancock and Hammer as I use the Rotary too.

What's great about Scopes routing is the way to use external hardware with no noticable latency.
I layer PianoTeqs' Rhodes which has that really nice low velocity Bell-ish tine sound, and Scarbees Bark and Bite thunk.
With a great Phaser, Leslie, PitchShift and Full Panning effects I am pretty satisfied for a few more months.