ROLI piano controller?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

ROLI piano controller?

Post by kensuguro »

http://www.weareroli.com/#products

Cool that they're trying something new. Playing a squishy surface seems a bit odd.. but still seems like a more approachable instrument the continuum. For me, there's just something awesome about a great hammer action. Maybe not to play synth bass.. I guess this is more suited for stuff like that. It's strange he's playing ep on a controller that streams out a bunch of control data.. should be a physmod instrument or something.
astroman

Re: ROLI piano controller?

Post by astroman »

maybe Rudess has been slipping too much on his iPads recently and needs something intermediate ...
the dude is amazingly active - I'm not a fan of his band, but he's cool

cheers, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

He's a performer who is in the mix of things and is the only guy I trust to bring us decent controllers without emulating more regurgitations of Roland, Korg, Yamaha and Fatar (yawn, yawn.)
braincell

Post by braincell »

Looks like something I have been dreaming of. Wonder what the price will be. They should have made it a breath controller though because that would add one more expression level.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

im not that much of a musician, but since i got the continuum, i am really happy to just spend an afternoon sitting and playing music on it. its probably not for everyone, but it is great for me. as a bonus, the built in DSP modular synth is awesome.