Lilliputing & Micromachines

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Re: Lilliputing & Micromachines

Post by valis »

Those pesky abbreviations, unless of course that’s just an odd way to be dismissive...even with language barriers.
spacef

Post by spacef »

valis wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:40 pm If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I made a similar post in regards to my AIDA64 monitoring solutions once before (and PG-AM), and in this case am curious about current options for sound design & midi control. I used to follow midibox.org & uCAaps.de and long for modern alternatives (though many of those can still be built).
Not sure it is on topic but I saw the bit about diy midi, and wondered if anyone is familiar with OpenDeck ?
https://shanteacontrols.com/
I don't understand if it is standalone or if you still need a master controller (like arduino or else)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

I think I recall seeing this some time ago, but had forgotten about it. Now it seems like on V2, and the web editing UI has come a long way (as in it looks fully functional). If memory serves, it's entirely self contained and somewhat modular (meaning you plug in the blocks you want, configure via web UI and go).

Also from a quick read it seems that the code is compatible with arduinos, so their codebase could be leveraged to build smaller & cheaper devices if one wants. That's interesting, and might mean I have a use for some of my UNOs if I wished.

The stuff from ucaaps/midibox that I never got around to enjoying would have been (for instance) Sidstations and the like. Not that I'm opposed to more midi controllers...one can always have both :)
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I have a Pi4 as an octoprint server for my 3D monoproce minidelta printer.

I use a slew on Teensy processors...they always beat arduino!

Teensy 3.6 (on a eurorack ) https://1010music.com/featured/euroshie ... nd-effects

Teensy 4.0 running a DX7 clone (Dexed)
Teensy 4.1 in a few module eurorack modules I'm developing.

Pi2 running a game emulator for time wasting :)

Intel NUC for NextCloud/gitlab server (not so lilliputian)
valis

Post by valis »

More info on the audio projects please =)
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

DX7 (Dexed VST) was ported to Teensy by a guy in Germany. He also did an MDA piano. See his site here:
https://www.parasitstudio.de/

I haven't done the piano, I'm looking at putting the MicroDexed and piano in the same code...the Teensy 4.1 has plenty of power to do 2x Dexed instances with 20voices each, plus effects. (So more like a DX5 with effects).

The eurorack module is waiting for my eurorack box to be rebuilt, so no solid development there. I'm retargetting that box to be a super mono-bass synth, including my Klee sequencer, a new Vactrol/Ladder filter I'm developing (Teensy controls the side-channel/cutoff so it can add slew, seq, or other fun things), and the 1010 Teensy module as oscillator (since it can do good analog simulations, plus I can grab open source code for wavetables and karplus models).
valis

Post by valis »

Very nice. I suppose I should invest in a case & power supply soon. A small rack would go nicely with the Mod Duo X that I'm likely to get to replace my current RP360 XP. The CV i/o's would in the Mod Duo X would work well into that equation.

I'm unlikely to take Scope on the road for CV duties (recently acquiared Kron from SpaceF), unless I were to get an Xite someday. So a small rack that's not incredibly costly with a tabletop setup is an interesting idea.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I'm considering an ADAT<->CV converter, to expand/integrate my XITE into the eurorack system. I might just have a handful of audio level translators instead, but I don't want to do special handling of low frequency or DC signals, so ADAT might be best. I just had some static/glitches on my XITE's ADAT in the past, so I don't want to invest that $$$ if it's not going to work well.