T-Shirts

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Re: T-Shirts

Post by dante »

I'd like to see more contracts between the planet and the background starscape - both on the T-Shirt and the site logo. The planet is too indistinct. I know that changes history - but there ya go.

valis

Post by valis »

borg wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 pm
looks good! nice and simple...

I'm not a fan of back prints, not a fan of black t-shirts, but can live with both.

When I saw the white t-shirts, I immediately thought "would look cool with 'S!C SONIC CORE', or rather grey t-shirt with black print... oooh nice!" :)
Trademarked names are probably best left off until the respective parties are informed and involved or have at least given permission.

What might make sense is "Forums & Scope Users Community" or something to that effect. This might also be an option for the reverse side, with thte logo front & center? I can of course do it either way, but I agree with you about the rear billboards in most cases.
dante wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm
I'd like to see more contracts between the planet and the background starscape - both on the T-Shirt and the site logo. The planet is too indistinct. I know that changes history - but there ya go.
Contrast I suppose (typo)? I can improve that somewhat, though yes I was largely matching John's original design there's no reason we can't update it across the board during this process. At the same time, too much contrast will give the indication of there being more than PlanetZ, and a dark hole behind the Z would indicate black-hole sun connotations to those who tend to see such things.

I do think the "planet" & "Z" are do-able on their own, so perhaps a text only variation as well? However this would be a single color affair, or require a white border around the Z. Blurry edges can't be done with direct to fabric printing as it's fabric-color agnostic from their side (largely automated process driven via web submission).

ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Definitely need to promote our favorite platform by mentioning Sonic-Core with websites. I'm XITED. Scope Me Out. I'm Scoped. Scope is Dope. You get the idea. I am good with Photoshop so maybe I can help out. Plug In, Turn On, Get XITED.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays

dante

Post by dante »

I was thinking of something a bit more striking, maybe like :
PlanetZ
PlanetZ
PlanetZ.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 552 times

valis

Post by valis »

Gotcha. So a larger re-imagining or alternate take. I had a vector version of the logo I made when I made the header, but on re-opening those files there's more missing than just the font I used for the Z. The header for the frontend of the site is also in this document, which I'll show you here:

I had to choose 3 new "Z" (the full black versions) as the version you can see used for the 3D Z seems to not only be missing from this document but also the entire 3D folder is missing, so all I have is the PSD shown before (used for this site header). Meaning I'll be rebuilding things anyway if we go further. Also note that the background in the PlanetZ header is 'in the spirit' of John Cooper's original, which went from red to blue and hold gold in the middle (or yellow), and I liked the political overtones that had at the time in light of past and present discussions we've had on here and the attempt at remaining full spectrum with a nod to certain fundamental 'golden rules' in them.

Here's the image, open to further input & thoughts:
PlanetZ-logo1.jpg
PlanetZ-logo1.jpg (93.83 KiB) Viewed 534 times

valis

Post by valis »

Note that I used the following 2 stock photos to make the current header (choosing centrally placed planets that I liked, and the appropriate hues and colors in the images):
Screenshot-2020-09-19-03.03.33.jpg
Screenshot-2020-09-19-03.03.33.jpg (534.94 KiB) Viewed 534 times

valis

Post by valis »

Also note, the starfield will likely need to be overlaid with a lower resolution version (LARGER DOTS) to be at all visible in the final printing.

dante

Post by dante »

Yeah I like the big bold gold 'Z'. I saw a couple of those backdrops on my search as well. What do you think of the supernova rings at bottom of mine ?

valis

Post by valis »

(edit) If you'd like your own shirt design, there's an option where you can print yourself listed several posts down the line here (/edit).

Mostly I wanted to know if people wanted a black & white version of the logo, or the full color design, or a combination thereof. And possibly a tagline of some sort. Hence opening things up to input.

valis

Post by valis »

Anyone around that can help do test orders from US or EU? I have versions that will print in Germany & US atm, and would like to ensure that things work from end to end (cart provider, print provider & payment processor)

dante

Post by dante »

I think good tag lines should mention Sonic Core or Scope in a promotional capacity. Any maybe mention words like 'Audio' because anyone interested in Audio products like Scope but who dont know Scope wont make that connection otherwise. E.G.

Sonic Core DSP User Community

Cutting Edge Audio to the Edge of the Universe

Sonic Core Audio Reaching for the Stars

Sonic Core - a Universe of Sound (pinched from Holger I think)

Sonic Core - a Supernova of Sound ( with my supernova ring graphics )

Sonic Core the Dawn of a New Age

These all need work I think but should be enough to inspire thoughts.....

valis

Post by valis »

We can add more variations later, for now I want to ensure shipping & payment work for EU/UK and US variants, so if anyone is interested in one of these shirts please let me know when you grab one.

dante

Post by dante »

Alright already - given I cant have a customized one until Ive ordered a normal one - so be it - done.

valis

Post by valis »

I just want to make sure everything works, and please remember we're piggybacking on another endeavor for a friend so adding 10 designs is unlikely. If we can come up with another design or two that interests people, I'm all for it. This is basically giving us a long deserved collector's item for being PlanetZ & Scope mavens, and this site frontend and the forums are setup fairly well to connect to all of that and give attribution as best as possible.

Updated parent post with the two links we have so far.

valis

Post by valis »

That helps test the US fulfillment, thanks dante (saw your order).

------------------------

Any EU takers to test the German front and see if they're up to snuff on textiles as well as what they do with other tech?

PlanetZ - Champion T-Shirt - Made in USA
$30.89 - Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

PlanetZ - Organic Cotton Unisex T-shirt - Made In Germany
$27.76 - Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Scope-Tee.jpg
Scope-Tee.jpg (582.2 KiB) Viewed 145 times
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays

dante

Post by dante »

Thats pretty darn good - not sure about the Black S|C on the black and white background though. V cool other than that.

ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Scope-Tee2.jpg
Scope-Tee2.jpg (536.75 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Scope-Tee4.jpg
Scope-Tee4.jpg (847.19 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Scope-Tee6.jpg
Scope-Tee6.jpg (754.03 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Scope-Tee7.jpg
Scope-Tee7.jpg (583.38 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Attachments
Scope-Tee5.jpg
Scope-Tee5.jpg (751.63 KiB) Viewed 124 times

dante

Post by dante »

Thats better - the S|C stands out more on some of those. Cool

ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Thank you. It was fun, really.

Moved it stage front. Added a touch of glow. I like the color one too.