MADI

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

timstoel

MADI

Post by timstoel »

I would love to see a MADI interface for that expansion port on the back... Xite with the SSL AlphaLink would be awesome.

Tim
garyb

Re: MADI

Post by garyb »

the expansion port on the back of the unit would allow this. it's very possible. all everyone needs to do is convince Juergen at Ferrofish to make the MADI to x/tdm convertoer(he's the XITE designer). he'll need money to design and prototype....

actually, this is very high on my wishlist.

btw-using a summing box with the XITE is an exercise in unneeded redundancy(imho)....
wouterz

Post by wouterz »

Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: btw-using a summing box with the XITE is an exercise in unneeded redundancy(imho)....
:lol:

Confirmed !
It IS a summing box and more flexible than any other passive summing box out there.
And it´s cheaper compared to many others because you don´t need the separate sound card and converters to feed the passive summing box, instead use ASIO directly to SCOPE environment.
Cables obsolete in addition.

MADI would be great, no question.

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
niceboy

Post by niceboy »

garyb wrote:the expansion port on the back of the unit would allow this. it's very possible. all everyone needs to do is convince Juergen at Ferrofish to make the MADI to x/tdm convertoer(he's the XITE designer). he'll need money to design and prototype....

btw-using a summing box with the XITE is an exercise in unneeded redundancy(imho)....
That is great , but is he working on the routing part also,
or are you still trying to have MADI to external mixers.
We dont do that , we go back into Scope , mastering for live usage .
Bear
garyb

Post by garyb »

MADI is just an i/o protocol. having MADI allows 64 ins and outs, which would be in the routing window just like any other i/o.
niceboy

Post by niceboy »

garyb wrote:MADI is just an i/o protocol. having MADI allows 64 ins and outs, which would be in the routing window just like any other i/o.
Thats great ,
because if having BNC sync on all units , it can be putted in a circuit ,
with for example , a MADI soundcard and also a converter from MADI to ADAT.
That means you can connect a lot of ADAT with both Xite and the MADI card.
Just great action by Ferrofish.
Bear
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

garyb wrote:the expansion port on the back of the unit would allow this. it's very possible. all everyone needs to do is convince Juergen at Ferrofish to make the MADI to x/tdm convertoer(he's the XITE designer). he'll need money to design and prototype....

Why doesn't someone open a kickstarter project for Ferrofush to do the madi for XITE? It was vert successful on several projects by Keith McMillian. Who also makes beautique/niche music gear.
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's a nice idea. i had talked to Holger about Kickstarter just in general, it's a possibility.

first, both Holger and Juergen or Holger and whoever might do the hardware design would have to agree and have a target figure.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jksuperstar wrote: Why doesn't someone open a kickstarter project for Ferrofush to do the madi for XITE?
Excellent idea !

Bud
timstoel

Post by timstoel »

Voted...

MADI would open Scope up for use with digital mixing consoles in live environments. When I did broadcast mixes on the Soundtracs DS-00 (DiGiCo D5 designed for post-production use) all I could think of is being able to link the two together.

I would like to be able to use Scope in a live setup for my performances, but the I/O options are a little limited for my needs right now. I have run in ear mixes with it before and gotten great results. Being able to send MADI from Scope to front of house would be awesome!

You could also link it with a Mac with an RME card easily, which I would also enjoy. ADAT is pretty old-school and limits your options for connectivity, especially over long distances and at higher sampling rates.

Scope + MADI = so many happy thoughts.

Tim
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

timstoel wrote:
Scope + MADI = so many happy thoughts.

Tim
Yep !

As a keyboardplayer, I need the ADAT I/Os for AD/DA to have these (and enough) analog inputs for my keys and modules and the analog outputs as a signal splitter.
What´s left over is AES/EBU I/O to receive a digital stereo monitor signal and provide a digital stereo main out, which is a nice option but not ideal.

XITE-1 analog Ins and Outs are for my (front-end) line mixer (also keys/modules) and my monitors/IEM.
XITE-1 mic/DI for a electromagnetic instrument and a mic.

Now, w/ MADI, I´d be able to send long runs of separate channels to FOH and stage monitor systems or connect to other digital consoles in other studios w/ only 1 optical cable, which would be perfect and ice on the cake,- along w/ CopperLan MIDI embedded w/ SCOPE 6.

That´s my dream setup in a small and portable rack,- can´t wait !

Bud
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

timstoel wrote:Scope + MADI = so many happy thoughts.Tim
XITEment and MADIness.
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

garyb wrote:btw-using a summing box with the XITE is an exercise in unneeded redundancy(imho)....
The summing mixer is needed in a modern recording chain, as you can see here from this diagram. When using expensive german tube mics, you don't want a weak link:
Modern Recording Chain
Modern Recording Chain
modern_technic.JPG (110.46 KiB) Viewed 4982 times
:lol: :lol: :lol:
niceboy

Post by niceboy »

SilverScoper wrote:
garyb wrote:btw-using a summing box with the XITE is an exercise in unneeded redundancy(imho)....
The summing mixer is needed in a modern recording chain, as you can see here from this diagram. When using expensive german tube mics, you don't want a weak link:
modern_technic.JPG
Where is the feedback .I see no feedback possibilities in that setup.
Last edited by niceboy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

SilverScoper wrote:
modern_technic.JPG

so true...
niceboy

Post by niceboy »

so true...[/quote]
We are doing that better inside the Scope mixers.
We make Amps in Scope for all instruments.
That was what Scope was ment for .
Now we also have two sorts of feedback plugins .
One with filter , and one without.
Both is making it possible to do feedback on Mix out ,
and on the Busses also.
No need for Pro Tools HD.
They are not HD anymore.
Waves TDM plugins are having higher latency ,
than theire Native plugins.
Bear
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

SilverScoper wrote: The summing mixer is needed in a modern recording chain, as you can see here from this diagram.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You made my day, man !

I stole that diagram to make it a wallpaper or screen-saver, probably -stresser.

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

niceboy wrote:
Now we also have two sorts of feedback plugins .
One with filter , and one without.
Both is making it possible to do feedback on Mix out ,
and on the Busses also.

Bear
Man, can you please stop posting your feedback s**t in every thread.
Open your own feedback thread and wait for there´s someone interested in this.
If not, let the thread fall behind and die.
What you do is definitely trolling.

Bud
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Bud, that was unnecessary. If you haven't learned from the previous round, you can fully expect it to be repeated. Please let it slide.
John