Make Modular 2, III, IV modules themselves

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

jksuperstar

Make Modular 2, III, IV modules themselves

Post by jksuperstar »

Ok, so this is somewhat directed at djmicron, and you're great work in bundling some synths as modules.

Which made me think...what if the Modular shell itself was a module? Then one can make custom filters, or effects, and wrap them inside multiple modular shells themselves. Improve your filter, and all other modular patches get updated.

I have wished that the modular shell could do this itself: instead of writing out a device to save a program, write out a module!

I can envision this new device as being just like the "insert device" module, but with 2/4 or 8/8 I/O, along with MIDI. Then load your selected modular device inside. It'd be REALLY cool if the top-level modular shell could get a program change message, and loads a new device in this new device, but that might not be possible, and really just a nice to have.
at0m

Re: Make Modular 2, III, IV modules themselves

Post by at0m »

I can't try these in my Scope now, but unzip and try to load these up. If I remember well, they're insert effects, taking audio or modulation signals from the host patch when loaded in an Insert Module - in a patch or insert rack. They ain't probably exactly what you're after, but hopefully they alleviate the pain :D
Attachments
Modular Insert.zip
(239.91 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Post by dawman »

I was never able to get the DJMicron ModInsert to save presets before and recall them, is this something that has been re vamped recently...?
If not, it's good to know in the XITE-1 this now works, thanks at0m and DJMicron.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

some year ago, i did the submodular, which is what you are asking for.
The device was a working beta and the only problem is that it can not save the patch when it's loaded inside a modular shell, but the module has been modified so that you can load it inside the scope project window, create your patch, save the module, then load it inside the modular shell and connect it to other modular modules or other submodular modules.
I did several versions of the submodular, some smaller with standard in outs, some other with lots of connectors of different types and an internal node system to avoid cable confusion and also a modular control system.
I don't know if it is still available for download, but i'm working on it to improve it.
Anyway, even if the beta version is not perfect, i have several patches that i use regularly without crashes.
The modules uploaded by atom are good if you use it inside insert effects, but it cannot be used as modular module.