Mixer with more busses and better matrix

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

LCS AUDIO

Mixer with more busses and better matrix

Post by LCS AUDIO »

Greetings All

Maybe SC or a third party developper will modigy/design a mixer with more busses.

User could define the number of busses per project
How many are AUXES (mono and/or stereo)
How many are GROUPS (mono and/or stereo)
Then all these busses would end up on a matrix to access the hardware i/o's. With level adjustments at each crosspoint (as a type-in value ex: -3.5db)

I would gladly pay for such an upgrade.

Stereo AUXES could follow the panning and content of stereo channels as a user selectable fucntion.

Would also like for objects, ports etc to have the ability to be named. Some like the Micromixer can have a name but this shold be implemented across the board...

In any case great product, I am using 2x14DSP boards for less than a month and I am already a big fan.

Thanks

Eric
Anything worth doing is worth doing to the fullest. (quote)
jksuperstar

Re: Mixer with more busses and better matrix

Post by jksuperstar »

Try Spacef's Modular Mixer. Each component such as Channel, AUX, Busses, master mix, stems, routing...are all broken out, so you can add as many of each as your hardware allows.

It's sold on the Sonic|Core website.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

I'm with jk on this one... I love my modular mixer. It's not actually on the S|C site though. You can find it here: http://www.spacef-devices.com/

Mehdi's (spacef) support is fantastic and it's in constant evolution with new modules arriving regularly.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

You're right...everything else is for sale from Mehdi/Spacef except the Mod Mixer!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

+1 for the Mod-mixers!

Great concept.

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

One thing rarely mentioned is the way you can have MIDI Channels seperated.
One channel for knobs and sliders, etc.
Another channel for inserts where effects can be controlled via MIDI.
If anyone is really automating their mixes this is serious advantage.
LCS AUDIO

Post by LCS AUDIO »

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I looked into the SpaceF thing, it will probably do what I need but not in an elegant way and certainly with an horrible GUI. I will still buy and see for the time being.

Yet I keep hoping someone would come up with a mixer with a user configurable busses quantity that also allows any channle to be routed to multiple busses.

A matrix from all the busses to the hardware outputs.

It seeems like the current SC mixer has not changed in ages. 6 aux and 8 busses can be very limiting in some scenarios.

Any plans for a 4 bands dynamic processor? or a revamp of the interface of the current 3 bands processor?

Thanks again for the help!

Eric
Anything worth doing is worth doing to the fullest. (quote)
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as I think they look great. Very clear layout and great flexibility on setting dividers and colours for channels. Have you actually downloaded and installed the demo pack? Your routing needs and worries about bus counts are all catered for in as comprehensive a way as I could imagine.

Re. multi-band processor, you could always build yourself one with as many bands as you need using Scope Modular...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Function over beauty is my concern, but in this case I get both, plus external control w/ dual MIDI channels.
I think OP needs a demo, then even his opinion on thre GUI will most likely change.
Mergers, Groups, SideChainers, etc.
There's no better mixing option than these in Scope...period.
I have tried everything, and keep asking why I bothered.

Try this little group of freebies.
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29694

I use these freebies for dry monitoring. Semd a MIDI Program change and suddenly my monitors reveal the entire mix w/ zero effects. This is how I mute/solo from a distance w/o touching the DAW.
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25086

Actually both of these gentlemen should be thanked publicly again. I am always seeing their products in my project window still, even with the XBox and x64.

ANKYU JOES
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well I was testing my new DAW with the various S|C mixers today, and I really like the STM2448. I really is an all on one mixer for DAW's, but still having the SpaceF Modular Mixing package is just tough to beat.
The STM2448 and the way2big STM4896 are damn fine mixers considering their age.