Stereo EQ

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

nightscope

Stereo EQ

Post by nightscope »

This may or may not be a bad idea. :)

A stereo EQ in which one can change the parameters seperately for each side. Maybe there are such devices. With an added feature that allows a chosen frequency to be boosted on one side while simultaneously and automatically being attenuated on the other.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
sharc

Re: Stereo EQ

Post by sharc »

Give MOVEQ+ a try. I think it might be able to do what you want
nightscope

Re: Stereo EQ

Post by nightscope »

sharc wrote:Give MOVEQ+ a try. I think it might be able to do what you want
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it out again. What I really was after is something real simple and straight forward to use. You know, choose frequency. It goes down on one side and up on the other. A coupla seconds work. Not messing around with attacks, releases and a multitude of other parameters.

(30 seconds later) :)

Actually, your post has sparked an idea which sprung from noticing that this MOVEQ is a M /S processor. I was thinking what I could do is lash up my Bitstream 3X to the Brainworx M/S EQ. The 3X can be set invert it's fader moves. However, I was forgetting that I don't have the Dual Mono option in the Brainworx and won't be coughing up for it either. BUT, following the thought trail of breadcrumbs, I could lash up the 3X to the trusty Scope Graphic. Have a series of two faders or pots assigned to each side of the single frequencies, one to boost and one, inverted, to attenuate. That would work.

I shall also look into MOVEQ which might be a quicker option if I investigated it thoroughly. I'm not really familiar with how it works.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”