fade-scene mixer

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

fade-scene mixer

Post by Neutron »

Yes thats a stupid name, but here is the idea.

a 16 channel mixer. fairly simple with level, pan, channel insert and 6 stereo sends/inserts

You have a dj type horizontal fader which would be what you hook up a control surface or automation to.

There are 2 preset lists, and the presets load in either "A" or "B" slots.
you can fade between the 2 settings with the slider. it will move all the controls at once.

while one side is not being heard you could load a preset and not hear any glitch.

could be used to switch between songs in a set, or verse-chorus, or just general madness.

im still wondering how to implement mutes, because they are on-off rather than variable, there would be a jump which would not sound cool.

probably for now muting will be global.

im going to make it for myself anyways, but if anyone could use it ill spend the time to make a better interface.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Count me in.

I am the perfect candidate for that device.

DSP consumption should not be a factor, but a smooth transitional scene change,

I did this via MIDI years back w/ a Yamaha DMP7 / PCM70 and it was controlled by the Yamaha QX-1.

The below pics are what I have worked with before whan I giiged w/ a DJ who used Ableton Live / Kyma Capybara.
borg

Post by borg »

Unfortunately I'm not really using scope alot the last months, and hope it will be better when the first phase of construction works in the house will be finished in summer.
Then this mixer will be a nice tool to experiment with!
:)
andy
the lunatics are in the hall