Mixing in Scope

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Cochise

Mixing in Scope

Post by Cochise »

I'm looking for the more effective way to process together a group of tracks in Scope.
The Aux send/return is plenty useful when the processing concerns devices like reverbs, delays or mod fx.
Otherwise, the processing of dynamics or eq requires to operate on the whole dry signal, and the output has to be totally wet; this is commonly done using the insert path in a single track or subgroup (or in the whole mix, of course).

I'm using the STM 16/32, so having no subgroups available, I'm wondering if and how I can use the Aux path for this job, or which Scope mixer I need.
Cochise

Re: Mixing in Scope

Post by Cochise »

Just thinking maybe I can arrange this way:
If I'm gonna process by Scope plugins I can route a group of channels from Nuendo mixer through a single Asio channel to the 1632.
If I should need any VST processing it becomes maybe a bit too busy: the group from Nunedo mixer goes to STM 1632; its channels muted by the green button, the group goes back to Nuendo through an Aux line, is processed as a single channel and then come out again to Scope. :o
Lima

Post by Lima »

I've mixed a lot with the STM 16-32 in the past and my routing was:
Asio -> some micromixers (like bus groups) -> multiFx slot (one for each "bus") -> Stm16-32

As alternative check out the free mixer named "Route" by Shayne White. It should have some busses if I remember correclty.
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

I had my brain overheated at the time of my last post :D

I'm going to relax and consider the usual signals chain like in the analog world: Sources -> Mixer+processing -> Recorder.
it's quite linear and let the signals flow to be managed without getting tangled ( no spaghetti :lol:); so the using micromixers or subgroups from the 2448 are much more effective solutions.