dx7II to sy77/99 conversion

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

jhulk

Re: dx7II to sy77/99 conversion

Post by jhulk »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2kajh80agbaw ... TY%202.zip

another nice expressive fm pad sound

6 velocity switching layers

some feed back on if people are having problems loading these in the sts sampler
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jhulk wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2kajh80agbaw ... TY%202.zip

another nice expressive fm pad sound

6 velocity switching layers

some feed back on if people are having problems loading these in the sts sampler
Hi jhulk !

Sorry for being quiet,- I´m following this thread especially after reading about BC Modular in Scoperise.
I downloaded the patches, but I don´t have the time and occasion to load ´em NOW,- maybe sunday earliest.
When I loaded ´em I´ll report back.

Unfortunately, I ran into issues w/ my old SCOPE/XITE projects I recovered from crashed harddrive,- they load and I see MIDI in MIDImonitor,- but I don´t get any sound from synths or see MIDI arriving at the synths themselves.
Can be, the projects are corrupted and I have to rebuild manually using notes I fortunately did and the pics I did for Scoperise last year.
I hope I get it fixed today because I´m not here at all tomorrow.
It´s a weird issue because audio/ASIO routed thru SCOPE STM2448X works and the native DAW stuff gets the MIDI and VSTi play.

thanks for all your hard and enthusiastic work and I can´t wait for your website being up and running.

best

Bud
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

ill be doing some 01w synth sounds using the waveshaping function and my personal user pcm single cycle multi loops as you can get some great

fm type sounds with these waveshapes and using lfo or envelope to modulate the amounts

also just picked up a fusion 6hd for cheap and i am going to create some fm on that ,that can also modulate samples

the person who is building my web site is being a little slow i repaired his memory moog for cheap and he was building me the website as a thankyou

still waiting on a final draft of it.

im going to start to do requests on what medium they want them recorded to i have several tape machines and valve pre's and vintage channel strips

and some very good vintage solid state focusrite red modules

then recorded through appogee ad/da into my wave recording device

im still only recording them at 16bits 44.1khz as most old samplers still use that format and i dont see the point in recording at higher rates or bit depth when the synths being recorded are only 16bits and only sending out 22050 and 32khz frequencies

and the older synths are 8bit and 12bits so recording in 16bits is higher than what they send out

and my multiloop single cycle generator that i create my wavetables with from single cycles cut from samples from old synths

is 16bits also

i take a c1 or c2 sample look at the sample and see a repeating wave once i have a perfect looped single cycle thats the same pitch as the hole sample

i then chop it from zero crossing positive phase to zero crossing negative phase

i then chop it exactly at those points and stick it in my generating program it makes an additive copy with 256 partials then it generates each sample in the notation i give and band limiting them as it goes up the keyboard

this way i can create 30 single cycle waveforms from a string synth sample thats what i did with the string synth demo

its also how i provided many spectra for the vectron synth

hope you sort your problems out
braincell

Post by braincell »

NI Fm8 loads DX7 patches.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

does not even come close to the mighty sound of the sy99
dante

Post by dante »

braincell wrote:NI Fm8 loads DX7 patches.
So does Reason PX7 - in fact it comes with all the original legacy patches all ready to go - so no need to reload those.

And the DAS FM7 Ive patched a few of the best originals as well. Just depends whether you want to run them on native or DSP.