Just a small tip if you have Core 2 and some clicks in STS

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maky325

Just a small tip if you have Core 2 and some clicks in STS

Post by maky325 »

So i was having random pops and clicks when STS played more presets at the same time. I tryed everything. Yes everything. Clean install that, clean install this blabla. Midi clock on, off, various sync options, ULLI xxx. XP settings (Setting affinity etc..)

No matter what i did i always had random pops and clicks when sending midi messages(notes) to STS 5000. Tested with Cubase SX 3 and FL Studio latest official and beta release.

After i tested every combination i almost fall into depression but then i got this idea...I disabled my second core in bios and voila. Pops and clicks are gone!

Clearly a bug. Again this was only within STS. Everything (whole scope v4.5 suit) is working without a glitch just that STS problem. Keep in mind that some of you does not have option to turn off second core in bios(cheaper mobos). In that case your option (if you want to keep ACPI in windows)is to uninstall your ACPI multiprocessor PC from device manager and to install it like ACPI uniprocessor. That way just one core will be used. Again no pops or clicks.

This was tested with two different configurations but both are with core 2 so i can not say what is situation with other CPUs...

Just a small tip...

Hopefully this will be addressed in SonicCore system 5.....
dubcotics

Post by dubcotics »

hello,

it's the same as the hyperthread thing on the intel 4, now with Core2! I happen to have but don't use STS that often, it also happens with Wavelab when playing recorded sound but it doesn't happen with cubase, that's the reason why I no longer use Wavelab nor the STS :-? I'm using BFD for my drummings as it takes advantage of the Core 2 technology,

regards,

didier,