Hold pedal

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

skwawks

Hold pedal

Post by skwawks »

My foot pedal works fine in giga and various other creamware synths but I cant seem to apply it to the sts . I've been trying to do for a while on and off but today I really needed to implement it and I just friggin couldn't it going :( . So obviously I'm dumb because I'm sure you should be able to do it but I cant see where the setting is . Anyone know ? hubird ???
Cheers
Paul
astroman

Post by astroman »

well, you just need a keyzone in the sampler program that covers the tone range and midi channel of the pedal.
you may either 'peek' it's settings from a working synth/giga or use a midi monitor on the port to which the pedal is connected while playing highest/lowest note.

if you know the range, check the sampler program and extend the keyzone if necessary

cheers, Tom
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Hi Tom
I'm not quite sure what you mean ..the pedal is just a sustain for the notes I'm playing . What 's happening is peculiar . The sustain message cc64 is being recorded and works once the seqencer is driving the sts but when I play the keyboard the sustain only works if I'm holding down another note i.e. if I hold any note and the play a different stacatto note the stac note will sustain but If I only play a stac note by itself there is no sustain .Hmm :(
I would suspect the keyboard [an old D20 with the origonal eprom ] but as there is sus. being recorded and partially working ,see above,and it works in gigastudio3 just fine and with other creamysynths then I think it must be a setting in the sts . It's across them all 2,3,4,5k . It's not a tragedy or anything but I would like to at least understand whats going on .
Cheers
Paul
wayne

Post by wayne »

Works fine here with a cheap roland sus. pedal - is your midi connected straight to the sts, or through the seq. app ?
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Hi Wayne,
straight to the sts when I'm playing ,from the pulsar 2 midi a port with a second line from that port to the seqencer midi in . when I'm listening back I disconnect the p2 midi port and connect the seq midi out to the sts .
I've got a novation 25 le connected to the powersampler midi in but it usually is not turned on or present in the project when I'm fiddling with the sts ,I use the novation for the knobs..... connected to celmos bass modeller. I've tried a boss sustain pedal and a yamaha ,they both work o.k. with giga and the d20 .
Go the Force :D
Cheers
Paul
wayne

Post by wayne »

Damn, can't work that one out.
Go the Force
Funny, my spoose was at that game last night, recording crowd noise on a Hi-MD for a film she's making. Awesome spectacle live, she reckons.
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Hi Wayne ,
Yeah I guess it fits into the weird category . I had the Pig over the other day roughing out some ideas for a thorpie benefit if it happens . He was playing away going it's working ,no its not ,it's working , no its not . He likes taking the piss so he found it all quite amusing :evil: .
Anyway I like the giga pianos more than the sts's so I guess I'll give rewire a go for now tho it'll certainly put a strain on things, till I can dredge up the bucks for another comp just for dagiga .
Cheers
Paul
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

:D I investigated what you said Tom but couldn't find a transmitted note value for the pedal. I've also been looking for a midi monitor/filter everywhere on Z until I read it existed in the midi menu on the routing window...sigh...I nearly bought the midi toolbox but I couldn't bring myself to do it . Anyway I instituted blocking active sensing which didn't make a difference on its own but what DID make a difference was setting the transmission of all notes off on the keyboard to OFF . Fucking Hoofuckingray. I got pedal hold when I want and I aint got when I dont want . Ah jeez this midi shit could drive a man to drink you know .but the problemo is solved at last , hey y'all thanks for trying to help :D