STS Timing Problem with Cubase

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

MiBo

Post by MiBo »

Problem: The playback in Cubase plays STS programs/sounds irregularly. It sounds like the start times of the notes are jumping. for example 4/4 kick in a looped pattern played stottery and useless! This is only a problem with the STS Series. I tried all versions from 2000P to 5000. All other plug ins work fine and even eds16i rhythm plug in works in exact timing. i checked if this is a cubase problem but also the cakewalk sonar demo brings the same result. i don´t know if i forgot to check something or maybe i got the wrong hardware. Please help!

My Hardware/Software:
Motherboard - ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0
CPU - AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Barton
Memory - 2 x 512 MB Corsair DDR400 CMX512-3200C2 (The memory run with 2.5-3-3-6)
Windows XP Home SP2
Cubase SL 3.1.1 build 944
Creamware Scope Professional with Scope 4.0

If i forgot something please ask!
hubird

Post by hubird »

problem forum, problem forum, problem forum, ...
deejaysly

Post by deejaysly »

It's an age old problem with the STS series for which we are (i am) patiently awaiting an upgrade! CW!?!?!?!?!? Ggggrrrrrr.....
garyb

Post by garyb »

MiBo

Post by MiBo »

I don´t think this depends to the midi driver. I have noticed that if you change the sample rate from 44.1 to 48 the sts series work much more precisely. i don´t have that attack timing problems as in 44.1 mode. The problem is that 48 khz even take much more resources so i am still not happy with this solution.