STS 4000 -can't find sample files reloading program-

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Cochise

Post by Cochise »

Hello.

I've assembled a drum kit (with multiple samples per zone assigned to different velocity values), and saved the program as sts file.

Reloading it STS4000 hangs for a plentifull minute then come out with an error window saying can't find samples and if I wanna search for them. But it look for samples with SIMILAR name in comparison with those I loaded in the zones, and look for samples with .s extension, while I've loaded .wav samples. When I answer yes I wanna search for samples, only .s samples can be displayed.

Reloading all the sounds and saving the program as volume I was able to reload the patch. But so I have double copy of that samples in the HDD; and I'm not sure about what happen if closing the whole project I choose the option yes save STS program
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

Im having troub creating baks of sounds in the STS4000 too.

I keep losing my banks.
Its a bit of a pain, but Im getting there slowly.
Like Cochise any help on this or making programs and banks in general would be greatly aprectiated

cheers
-Me$$iah
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Cochise, when sts looks only for .s-files, you must have loaded a .p-file (AKAI format). Have a look to these little icons in the file browser: The AKAI programs (.p-file) have a white icon, the .sts-files are blue.
Sts-files look always for wav- or aiff-files, I think.

Hope this helps a little bit,

Thomas
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

Thanks for your reply, Thomas.

I saved the file and reloaded it as .STS.

But I've dragged and dropped it from a OS file browser window to the STS4000.
Could this cause any problem?
It went fine till the program helds two samples only.
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Never tried to drag a sts-file from an OS browser (out of sfp), only from the sfp file browser.
I never got problems with large sts-files, and my computer is 4 years old (AMD 2000+, 512 RAM, win98se)
Did you try to insert sts-files in the main window of sts4000 with right-clicking? It's the fastest possibility and it should work.
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

Just one voice appear when I right click in the progran window and then choose open: 120beat.sts

Post by Guest »

always use the cw file browser to load sts programs.

increase polyphony under poly.

from file browser under view filter STS programs.
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

Cochise

I can solve that problem for ya..
Put all your samples into a folder called, say, sapmles
then go to the sfp interface and clik
set/settings/directories
and in the bar next to Samples tyoe in the complete route to your sample folder. i keep all my samples on a seperate drive, so my path reads
E:Samples
but you know what I mean

cheers
-Me$$iah
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

Thank you all, mates.

I was trying about for a while.

The problem seems to be related to an exessively long path.
I've put the main drum samples folder on the desktop, so the path is c:documents and settingsuserdesktoppercussive soundsdrum kitskit 2snaresxxxxxxxxxxxxx.wav

Do you think I've to point out the issue to CW support?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cochise on 2005-09-24 08:04 ]</font>
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

On 2005-09-23 16:13, antar wrote:
always use the cw file browser to load sts programs.

increase polyphony under poly.

At the moment I've put on desktop all the LINKS to projects and samples folders, so dragging and dropping from OS windows is more handy than opening CW file browser and find the path.

Using CW file browser I had the same problem till the samples were in that long path.

Why do I have to increase polyphony?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cochise on 2005-09-24 07:58 ]</font>
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

I dont think you have to increase polyphony, but if you do then do it 1 voice at a time, I read somewhere here that it spreads the load over the DSPs better then just jumoing up a heapof voices in one go

Maybe its that that antar is refering to

cheers
Messiah

Post by Guest »

Quote:
---------------------------------------------
Just one voice appear when I right click in the progran window and then choose open: 120beat.sts
--------------------------------------------

Cochise mentioned he gets one Voice,

I thought he was is refering to Voice count (poly). now after reading the post again, he must have meant 1 program (120 beats.sts)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: antar on 2005-10-24 16:20 ]</font>