How convert stereo to mono?

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

filmtunes

Post by filmtunes »

Hello,
I have STS3000 and a problem: Some of my orchestral sample libraries are in stereo only. But I would like to use mono versions. Advantages:

* little polyphony use
* more concise in the mix
* less RAM space

How can I convert best? I bought CdXtract, but there is no mono extracting in it.

NB: I don't need both samples, L and R, to be fused into a single one, extracting one of them would be enough for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: filmtunes on 2005-05-07 10:17 ]</font>
scary808

Post by scary808 »

If you have a two track editor like sound forge or Audition(cool edit) you can select the L or R channel & save it as a new file.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Otherwise load the original prg in STS. remove all the samples of one channel, pan the remaining to the center and resave the prg. with a new name.
filmtunes

Post by filmtunes »

Thanks for you replies, but that's not what I want. Of course I was looking for an method where I don't have to handle each sample manually!! There are about 300 programs each containing up to 30 samples....
I need something automatic like CdXtract (which unfortunately does not do this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: filmtunes on 2005-05-08 11:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: filmtunes on 2005-05-08 11:05 ]</font>
valis

Post by valis »

Most commercial audio editors have a batch mode.
filmtunes

Post by filmtunes »

Yes, but even with a batch mode there remains a lot of manual work to do for hundreds of programs. When you have an AKAI CD, you can convert the complete CD to pulsar format (for example with CDxtract) without handling each program. What I search is something like that, extracting mono at the same time.