STS/LOGIC/SCOPE/LATENCY/SAMPLE Conversion/DSP USAGE???

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maakbow

Post by maakbow »

Hi
I asked this question somwhere before but
1. I cant find it even in the search and
2. I didnt get a straight answer as usual :wink:

I cuurently use exs24 in logic{PC}. Too much latency [lowest setting]when playing piano on EXS and listening while recording.

1.does someone know settings maybe in logic that will help me with this?.
2. if i get STS sampler will this problem go away?.
3.if i get STS will my EXS/ AKAI samples convert to STS format properly?.
4. will STS run on 3 DSP luna OK when 1 DSP is taken up with mixer while recording?

Maak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: maakbow on 2005-05-03 06:21 ]</font>
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

1.does someone know settings maybe in logic that will help me with this?.
Setting the ULLI to a lower setting might help, if Logic uses ASIO. But something tells me that it doesn't.
2. if i get STS sampler will this problem go away?.
Latency problems will absolutely go away with STS. Other problems might emerge, as STS is very buggy. I can't figure out why Creamware can't be bothered to make such an integral part of a studio work any better than this. (I realize the company is in a financial tight spot and has to choose what it works on very carefully, and are doing the best they can.)
3.if i get STS will my EXS/ AKAI samples convert to STS format properly?.
AFAIK AKAI samples will import into STS.
4. will STS run on 3 DSP luna OK when 1 DSP is taken up with mixer while recording?
I would think so. In my 6 chip system, it takes up around 1/6 of the processing, so that would work out to a third of your system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid Len on 2005-05-12 21:49 ]</font>