Memory problems with STS 2000P

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Krabat

Post by Krabat »

Hi,

I tried to load Stige's drumset into the 2000P, but after 10 Instruments it keeps telling 'Low Memory' although it uses only 86MB and has 1000MB free. It happens even if I run scope as the only application. For a test I mixes it up with other samples, but even there it refuses to load more than about 90MB.

Btw: I can't find my Volkszampler. Does it only work in XTC-mode (I think I have read something about that)? And which files are needed ('cause I think they are not installed properly)?

Thanx for advice,
regards, Gunnar
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Krabat wrote:
I tried to load Stige's drumset into the 2000P, but after 10 Instruments it keeps telling 'Low Memory' although it uses only 86MB and has 1000MB free. It happens even if I run scope as the only application. For a test I mixes it up with other samples, but even there it refuses to load more than about 90MB.
I touched upon this problem here:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 98&forum=1

...and it was discussed in more depth here:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 75&forum=1

Don't believe what the STS tells you is "free", you can do a fairly accurate calculation for yourself as indicated in the above thread.
Btw: I can't find my Volkszampler. Does it only work in XTC-mode (I think I have read something about that)? And which files are needed ('cause I think they are not installed properly)?
Yes, the Volkszampler is an XTC version of the 2000P I believe. I'd have to check what file(s) are required back at home (at work atm).

Royston
Krabat

Post by Krabat »

Hi Royston,
Thanks for the links, I searched the wrong forum. I'll give it a try later.
About Volkszampler: It's the native Version (VST) of the STS3000. The question is, whether it needs XTC or if it can run along 'normal' scope as a VST.
As I can't get my XTC to work (nor need it), that would be importend - if it's worth searching the files and installing them.

Regards, Gunnar
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Krabat wrote:

Thanks for the links, I searched the wrong forum.
You and me both! :smile: I knew I'd posted some stuff about STS free memory reporting, but thought it'd be the STS forum... :grin:
About Volkszampler: It's the native Version (VST) of the STS3000. The question is, whether it needs XTC or if it can run along 'normal' scope as a VST.
I am pretty sure it's XTC only.

Royston
Krabat

Post by Krabat »

Well, I found it.
I had to change the
Systemmanagement/system/advance/.../Memory (sorry, some of the items I don't know to translate) from 'Systemcache' to 'Programs'. I have to test which affect this has on other applications.
Btw: I forgot to mention, I'm runnig WinXP Home.

Gunnar
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Krabat wrote:
Btw: I forgot to mention, I'm runnig WinXP Home.
Ah, I think the change you had to make is XP-specific. Glad you found a solution!

Royston