STS played with a guitar synth

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Post by bosone »

i own a GR-1 guitar synth, i if i play some instruments with STS (3000 or 4000), it behaves like CRAP... if i load some synths, with the exact setting of pitch bend range, it behaves normally.
i think the problem is about how STS handles the pitch bend messages... it's very hard to explain.. if someone tried a guitar synth with sts series.,.. please contact me!!
Nikibuzz

Post by Nikibuzz »

Hello,

I use the GR-33 and I have no problems with STS 5000.

However you must realize that the pitch bend settings on your guitar synth much match that of the STS that you are using.

Also you must make sure that the setting on the sampler with pitch bend is in the normal position not the hold position.

Niki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nikibuzz on 2003-12-29 08:53 ]</font>
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Glad to hear that the GR-33 and STS5000 are working well together. I was just about to try this setup myself.

I own both the GR-33 and Axon AX-100SB, and am about to choose which one to keep based on how well the unit handles EXTERNAL synths and samplers such as the STS5000.
bosone

Post by bosone »

thank to all, now i have solved. i don't know what happened, but i reinstalled the whole SFP because i was getting other strange behaviours...
: