Is it possible to convert???????

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

powerhippo

Post by powerhippo »

Hi all! 1)As I've heard STS4000 can save programs end samples in AKAI S1000/S3000format through the export volume function(right maus)! But when I make it end do that file on CD, My sampler AKAI S3000XL can't read it!
2)Is it possible to convert STS sample programs(with samples) into the HALION program files so I can use it in the Halion?
Does anyone else have the same problem end someone please explain what I'm missing here!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
zezappa

Post by zezappa »

Hi! I think you're missing nothing...
I've tried it but no luck too.
STS export *.s samples and create the *.p file but Halion can't recognize this format. I get no akai sampler but I think samples must be 16bit.
The only chance I know is to load *.p files in STS and export as volume, then you'll get *.sts and the *.wav files that you can import to Halion and make a *.fxp.
STS manual says that is possible to save (though possible to load) programs as *.sf2 (would be possible to import to Hal) but I never could find how...
Best luck
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

You need software like Translator from http://www.chickensys.com to convert the "pulsar-akai" programs into Hallion fomat or real Akai cd-roms.

Kim.
powerhippo

Post by powerhippo »

Thanks Folks!