Adding a new 15DSP to my Setup - QUESTION

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

snoopy4ever

Adding a new 15DSP to my Setup - QUESTION

Post by snoopy4ever »

hello dear scopeusers !! ( I apologize if this question is not 100% suitable for purchase and trading)
I've been away for a long time , but on recent months I've set up my system back again, a Pulsar2 and Scope , some time I go ( 4+ years) I upgraded to V5.1 and got a license file for my system. Now a friend of mine is practically giving me a Scope card he used , but I need to know IF, in order to use it on my computer, should I go to soniccore and try to register it ? or should I just plug it and see if it works? ( I ask this because the licence file I got from SC has ONLY one of my cards listed on it, and I'm using both of them with no problem )

Thanks in advance for all your help.

R.
Marco

Re: Adding a new 15DSP to my Setup - QUESTION

Post by Marco »

No need to register, if you have one licensed the others bundled in your PC are accepted as one system. Just use it and have fun, you are ready to go!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
snoopy4ever

Post by snoopy4ever »

Marco wrote:No need to register, if you have one licensed the others bundled in your PC are accepted as one system. Just use it and have fun, you are ready to go!
Thank you VERY VERY MUCH!!!...

As you may know.. taking your pc apart ... with these cards and such.. takes A LOT Of effort and time.. and I did not wanted to do that if the result was going to be a non functioning Scope system .. So again thank you very much ...

R.
bosone

Post by bosone »

How many scope card will you install?
in my MoBo there are 3 PCI slots but actually i was able to make only 2 Scope cards work. the third one always had PCI conflicts, no matter what i did.
Marco

Post by Marco »

3 PCI scope cards are no problem, but you must look thar no other card share the pci port. In the bios I turn off all unused on board hardware, modem, soundcard, serial and parallel printer port, to many USB ports all turned off. Sometimes it helps to swap the cards.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
snoopy4ever

Post by snoopy4ever »

bosone wrote:How many scope card will you install?
in my MoBo there are 3 PCI slots but actually i was able to make only 2 Scope cards work. the third one always had PCI conflicts, no matter what i did.
Well I have no option but use 2 .. cause My MoBo only has 2 PCI slots... and since I've always had the pulsar and the power core ... it did not matter that much.. but now .. I'll have to swap the pulsar for the other powercore, and put the other to rest :P .
Marco

Post by Marco »

Powercore vs Scope? TC succs