Recent iLok update - Windows 7

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

Recent iLok update - Windows 7

Post by krizrox »

If you're not using Windows 7 and a recent version of iLok - you can probably disregard this.

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but what the heck. This morning I received an update notice through my iLok account - new update for the iLok License Manager program (V 3.1.4). When I tried to install the update, I ended up with an error message saying something to the effect that the software couldn't be installed because I was missing some important Windows 7 updates. Of course I went right to the Windows Update utility and waited for it to search through all the available updates. It seemed as though I had the the latest of everything.

A quick search got me to the Avid website with a recent notification about this. There is a Microsoft bundled update (convenience rollup) referred to as KB3125574 that has to be installed before the iLok update can be performed. It's a large package. Why it didn't show up in the listing of important Windows updates (or even the optional updates) is confusing to me. After downloading the update and installing the package, iLok update installed correctly. I understand this will only be important to anyone using Windows 7 and the latest version of iLok.
Last edited by krizrox on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tau

Re: Recent iLok update - Windows 7

Post by Tau »

wow, now that you mention it, my ilok licenser updated automatically last week and I've been having a load of troubles ever since with ilok-licensed plugins. Will check that update! Thanks!
krizrox

Re: Recent iLok update - Windows 7

Post by krizrox »

Here is the link to the MS update file

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com ... =kb3125574

Apparently, this issue has been known for a few weeks already. I'm seeing tech talk about it on Gearslutz and Sweetwater and other places too. This may also be needed for Windows 10 users but I'm not 100% sure about that. There was also mention of a second update file KB3033929 but that is included in the KB3125574 bundle. You don't have to download it or install it separately.