Windows Optimization

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Re: Windows Optimization

Post by JoPo »

ronnie wrote:Whoa! What the heck doesn't MuLab do. Have you got hands on with it?
Oooops ! Sorry ! I didn't noticed there was a response here !

Yes ! I'm using Mux modular. It's not standalone, it's a vst but Mulab is a standalone, basically a daw. But in Mulab, the Mux modular is integrated. And Mux modular, I begin to know it very well ! http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... 1&p=325485&

I was using Silent Way but it doesn't have any complicated envelope device. I was searching an app that could modulate VST's automation parameters with usual modulation sources : LFO, envelope, etc, etc... I tried several untill I found this one ! And this one is from far the best !
You can output modulation signals via asio like with Silent Way but you can create & edit modulation signals in a modular environment !

As I explained in the thread link, it's a vst that is vst host it self ! Like DDMF Metaplugin but with thousand of other features ! And with Mulab (69€ !), you've got a standalone app like you seem to wish. It is absolutely fabulous ! And easily reliable to Scope via asio or midi and to vst's via automation (more accurate precision, no jitter, etc...).
This app is amazing ! I can't understand why every body doesn't jump on their site to buy it ! The developer seems to be alone and has no time for marchandising (a bit like S|C !), he spends all his time to improve his software and answering your questions on his KVR forum.

Have fun ! :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just bought the whole package.

Looks nice but crashes my PC during installation/

Show me your folder placements please.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Never tried this one : http://www.audiomulch.com/ because I didn't know but looks interesting...

I stay with Mux modular, anyway : audiomulch doesn't seem to work as a plugin. Oh ! And I just readed last update was 2013 and they was planning to update to 64bit, meaning, the update never been released...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Post by dawman »

MUX is really nice.
I'm not going to be using it much though.
I'm using Reflex Pedal from Sound Source Audio for dual MIDI CC + CV out to the SE-02.
Pretty much down to mixing and FX only with some static MIDI Devices in Scope.
Still beats having big mixer and racked MIDI Devices.

Windows is as lean as I can get it now.
So thanks for tips.
Don't notice the differences except for endless sustain on PTeq w/o crackles.
But I never run it like that anyway.
It's more a benchmark than anything.