Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI

Post by nitri »

It´s compatible this MOBO for xite-1?

Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI

Thanx!!
nitri

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI

Post by nitri »

Ok, I say it because I do not know if the PCIexpress connector x16 is compatible with the card PCIe de Xite-1.
garyb

Post by garyb »

it is, but i would use a x1 slot anyway. the bigger slots may allow the card to shift, making problems...
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

If you screw the PCIe card in place to the case, that screw and the key of the PCIe card holds the card pretty solidly.
However, if this computer will be travelling and needs to be road and airline worthy, you should probably seek another option.

The only thing I wish is that motherboard vendors revealed the default IRQ assignment! And if any PCIe cards share IRQs with other peripherals.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

jksuperstar wrote:The only thing I wish is that motherboard vendors revealed the default IRQ assignment! And if any PCIe cards share IRQs with other peripherals.
Yep... Same here, even with Xite...
garyb

Post by garyb »

win7 is not win98.
irqs aren't that crucial. you just need to avoid usb, firewire and maybe network controllers sharing with the card. a simple click to disable the one or two offending usb controllers is usually the worst of it. since there are usually 6 or more usb controllers on a modern motherboard, it's not like it matters...