Looking to upgrade PC system - want to keep PCI cards

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Re: Looking to upgrade PC system - want to keep PCI cards

Post by Marco »

Very nice to hear, that there is a pc exsisting out there, running well with 4.x on win7, mine didnt wanted, made me mad, so I was forced to order an upgrade, but its worth.
Its great to hear that excite and the old pci cards work together, and unbelievable, on one win 7 machine. Cool.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
petal

Post by petal »

Scope 4.5 doesn't work with windows 7 64 bit. Maybe that was your problem?
Marco

Post by Marco »

Is there any practicable advantage between 32 and 64 bit Windows. Is it really faster with the same pc configuration?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
garyb

Post by garyb »

no. 64bit just allows more ram for the system. if you really must have tons of samples all loaded at the same time, the 64bit might work better, otherwise, almost ALL audio software works better in 32bit.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hey men, we have 64 bit Prozessor since 2000? Amd i remember, and 13 years later, still most music software runs better on 32bit! What a shit.

hope it changes faster.....
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:
the improvement is minor and the users won't pay for the coders...
betman

Post by betman »

Because I use tripedat plugin in one system I use Windows ME. And the backup system that has a isa slot. My old 3 foot tower with the Supermicro mb with ultra scsi runs ME as well. I know that it is nothing to brag about when people are busy spending money and all. I would like to take one of my extra pci pulsar 2 or maybe even a simple Elektra I think it is, and build a new computer so I am glad that people are posting what MB they are using. I have a client that is upgrading their office network and I need to check the specifications on the Server MB,,, it is running raid mirroring but can be reconfigured. Obviously my goal it to get a deal on something that it probably old to most but new to me. Take that new computer and forget about tripledat for that one. I am so glad this forum is here. I am Glad Garyb is here. I don't know everyone's name but I know there are many that have been here for a long time. I saw another site where someone was critical of this site and I as happy to see someone there speak up. It was a few years old but I still agree when people talk about how great the sounds are and the devices in Scope. I am still happy recording with my tripledat too. If it works than how could I complain. It is usually my own ignorance. And then I am glad this site is here even more.