Intense intimate trip-hop

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

Hi all,

I did a whole new mix for this song, as it was gonna be on the danish national radio. I messed alot with the bass register, did a rearrangement for the strings, and made the vocals wider in the stereofield.

Keep rocking out there...
Yours truely

Noah Laux
----------
http://www.thalamus.dk
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

man, this one has turned out to b a nice one!
keep it flowing, noah!
next to nothing

keep it flowing, noah!
next to nothing

keep it flowing, noah!
hubird

Post by hubird »

keep it flowing
hubird

Post by hubird »

keep it flowing
hubird

Post by hubird »

keep it flowing
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted here, but it has it's reasons.

This is both sad and good news. The sad stuff is that I can't share thalamus music with you as I used to do. The good news is that this stuff is getting out there in the world.

The Thalamus project is in the middle of getting a major deal with ether sony or warner bros, they are bidding this moment. The deal with warner is to do 3 albums and the 4th with option, internationally. They believe Thalamus is gonna be the new "Portishead/Massive Attack", but more concentrated around actual songs than productions. I got money up front to quit my daytime job for at least a year, and do a single with video. That's a relief, cause all this music has been done in my very limited spare time. We are gathering people to do our live show, and working with lightpeople, dancers, scene constructors etc. right now.

We chose this song to be the first single, because it represents the style of Thalamus the most we think. First we though of "Coming Home" (in a new, more modern version. Check our website http://www.thalamusic.dk in the skecthes), but we all liked this one better. This song is going to have a real orchester performing, and a whole new mix in a professional studio.

This is all very exciting, but also confusing because it's happening VERY fast.

I like to thank all of you for being part of this to become real. A year ago, I didn't have any selfbelief. You helped me soooooo much, and is part of the process too.

There are still many people at this forum I want to work with, so when I have time (and you have) I'll get back to you.

Noah Laux
----------
http://www.thalamusic.dk
</FONT>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalamus on 2004-02-13 22:48 ]</font>
wayne

Post by wayne »

Too solid! :cool:

You'll have a lot of fun. Suggest an Australian tour to the winning company :wink:
Harold Nobles

Post by Harold Nobles »

Hi Noah,

I like your music very much, so I am very excited to hear the good news. I am confident that you have already attracted many people of good calibre, but I still wish I could be there to help you get the show on the road!

I agree that Simply is the best choice. I like that it is very spacy, but with strong rhythmic and bass elements, and the beautiful and melodic vocal. It shows a maturity of your composition, arranging, and mixing skills. I would encourage to you continue to pursue abstraction. For me to listen, it's liberating and refreshing not to have to listen to a steady beat all the time :smile:

Many best wishes!
Harry
next to nothing

dude, best of luck to you! i still love your tracks, and im sure u will succeed both as "thalamus" and as a producer. oh, and since we are so far up the winding road, u know u have to do something with the strings from 1:51 to 2:05 :smile:

best of luck to you :smile:
PiddiZ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: piddi on 2004-02-14 03:00 ]</font>
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Excellent news Noah, and well deserved.
Really pleased for you
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

It is said that:

“Those who persevere may achieve their goal”. But I think this is not enough, you need some serious talent, and you have a lot of it, so be it! :smile: Good luck in your new path...
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
hubird

Post by hubird »

Congrats Thalamus!
This sounds huge...
Great for you!
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

New mix uploaded.

Hi all,

We were in studio starting this month, but the guy who should transcribe the notes for the symphony couln't finish so early, so we did another one in stead. (I will upload the results).

I'm look VERY much forward to record this song in a big studio, with fresh ideas.
Yours truely

Noah Laux
----------
bizarre

Post by bizarre »

Awesome ...
I wanna do something like this when I grow up :grin:
I see that your Danish, so I have to say congratz in our own strange native tongue :smile:
tillykke med pladekontrakten, kæft hvor er det fedt det I laver, har kun hørt dette ene nummer - det var genren "Trip-Hop" der trickede mig, vil gå på opdagelse her på Z og se om der er mere
:smile:Carsten

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bizarre on 2004-04-12 20:39 ]</font>
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Quite simply

WOW

What a buitifull voice

Keep Rollin'
braincell

Post by braincell »

At first I wasn't sure but it grew on me as it progressed. I really liked it when it got complex near the end.
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

The dream didn't go as attended...anyway a new remastered version uploaded...hope you enjoy.
Yours truely

Noah Laux
----------
nprime

Post by nprime »

What a stunning piece of work.

What went wrong?
R