Mobile Madness

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Mobile Madness

Post by dante »

Had a lot of fun with this one, combining various technologies - after falling asleep on the train to work one day inspiring me to write lyrics on the journeys about the surroundings

Title Track from Dante's upcoming album 'Mobile Madness' - a commentary on the daily Transurban Rush coupled with Mobile Technology. Recorded using Propellerhead Reason 10 with effects and mastering using the Universal Audio Octo Core PCIe processor and synths by Sonic Core on the XITE-1D platform.
spacef

Re: Mobile Madness

Post by spacef »

Sounds are cool. The string pads and rythmic synth in 2nd verse are spot on for an 80's flavor .
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
jimman272002

Post by jimman272002 »

Nice. Did you connect this "Universal Audio Octo Core PCIe processor" with your XITE-1D platform with some Adat cables? Or was it all recorded and then streamed to the mastering card?
dante

Post by dante »

There's no I/O on the UAD2 octo - so that just adds VST processing power into the DAW (Reason). The XITE-1D and 3 x Scope PCI cards I use for Synths (proton and proWave) which are seen in the DAW as External MIDI Instruments and have audio streamed back from Scope via ASIO. Then I stream the whole mix back through the XITE-1D (loopback) for Mixdown back into Reason.

Reason can render an entire mix to audio itself - however it can't do this with the XITE/Scope PCI synths so hence the loopback.

Mastering is all done in the DAW using UAD2 plugs (A800 Studer, Brainworx Masterdesk, Fairchild Tube Limiter)

My other option now is to use Harrison MixBus 32C for which I use a Zoom UAC-8 for I/O (due to a problem with Mixbus not being able to talk directly to Scope). There have been some users I think who have found PortAudio/Jack workarounds for this, but the workaround won't work on my workstation (or I cant be bothered with it) so I have to prerender the Scope synths in Reason then stem them out with the rest of what Reason stems out for mixbus use.

Again, for Mixbus, mastering is all done in DAW, same plugs above.

Good job jimman with all the music reviews :)