Fatness!

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Fatness!

Post by yayajohn »

Nothing special, just a sound example using OS Debbie Droner and Rev2. (drums -iPad robot)

Hope it sounds as good on your audio system. I didn't use any other processing since I have no idea what I am doing with regards to mixing etc.

https://soundcloud.com/yayajohn/debbiedronerfatness
Marco

Re: Fatness!

Post by Marco »

Brachial Sound! Great.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Chubby bastards.
Phaser on Rev2 or is that Parser Filter by the Faxi Cartel?
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

The FX is the Debbie Droner FX module that comes with the synth as a separate device(brilliant!)
The Ocean Swift phaser is part of that device and I sent the Rev2 thru that effect as well.
The Rev2 effects are ok but you can only use one/layer and they arent' very flexible. The good thing is you can use them in the modulation chain.
The Debbie Droner FX module is a nice little package as an aux send and not too heavy on the DSP's
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Thick!
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Gloriously powerful! It's sort of like that moment when you win so hard it hurts. This is like that moment stretched to last 8 minutes. You've won, you're like driving your opponents into the ground face first, paving over them with cement, building a memorial "WIN" cathedral on top of that. Who knew it was humanly possible to win so hard! Next you're going to take a trip around the world on the fine new wings of victory that just grew out of your back. Does this do outer space? You wonder.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

And my parents once said synthesizers were toys. Ha!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

kensuguro wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 pm Gloriously powerful! It's sort of like that moment when you win so hard it hurts. This is like that moment stretched to last 8 minutes. You've won, you're like driving your opponents into the ground face first, paving over them with cement, building a memorial "WIN" cathedral on top of that. Who knew it was humanly possible to win so hard! Next you're going to take a trip around the world on the fine new wings of victory that just grew out of your back. Does this do outer space? You wonder.
:lol: Jeeewizzzz, I get it man! :wink:
ahh, I like big sounds as you can hear, prob stems from all of those years with weak thin sounding synths was all I could afford and now well I have the POWER! but unfortunately I can't seem to translate them to a proper mix not that that last clip would mix well with anything haha.
oh well I'll keep trying
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I think the mix is fine, the point of the composition comes through quite clearly. I supposed it could be improved but the rest is just dressing I think. But I think the most important thing is that you're hearing something different in your head, which either compositionally or from a mixing perspective, means your inner ear is ahead of your production capability, which I think is perfect. And as your production capability inches forward, so will your inner ear, and then you keep moving forward. Don't forget to keep training your inner ear, it's the driving force. Your production capability will always follow.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Well I LMAO at what you wrote before because it was true. I prob should refine these things into more of a composition before I post since it is the "music" section of the forum. :lol:
I really just wanted to share how I created this incredibly huge sound by feeding in different parts but yeah complete overkill.
Perhaps just a short 30sec clip would suffice?
One of these days I will get some time to develop a workflow and be able to crank out some real tunes.......hopefully.