OS20 Modular Sequence

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

OS20 Modular Sequence

Post by yayajohn »

I have been using the OSS bundle since Jan of this year and I can't say enough of how great these devices are. Faxi and Fernando have done a great job to produce some high quality products. I have been working this past week on this song to try and showcase their OS20 modules and I can't believe what good timing this is because I guess they just went on sale....how about that?!!!

Here's the breakdown of parts:

Arpeg sequence: OS20
Whistle/ effects: OS20
Bass: intro- yamahaCP300, doubled with OS20 later in song for punch!
Drums: ipad Rock Drummer by Lumbeat
E. Piano: yamahaCP300
Lead: OS20

Not too experienced at mixing so I hope It sounds ok.

Enjoy

Dan
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Marco

Re: OS20 Modular Sequence

Post by Marco »

Congratulations! :D

This is your Song, done perfectly! I heard it from the start to the end a few times!

What I love here is that it is never getting boring, I see somebodys not only do the sequencer let it self play, the sequenceer is your rhythm player while you are a lucky guy be able to play astonishing good fast but still very melodic solos! This is the kings art. I love your song. I has a beginning not to long and an ending and a good structure overall never let it get boring while listening. And yes the synthesizers sounds are well chosen! You are a musician player, not only a technican.

But let me say, you should even your mixing again, when you hear it in the headphones some instruments are to much right or left sided. On your boxes in a room the room reflections this phenomenon will compensate this to much.

Musically Marco your music is wonderful!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Thanks Marco. yeah rank amateur here, just a little improv. I wasn't too happy with the mix. I guess i'm going to have to spend some time figuring all that out.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I think the mix sounds ok. It sounds very clean to me, and well balanced. IMHO, I think what it's lacking is probably a bad attitude, like it makes me want to drag it into the dark side a bit. Give it a bit of poison, and a very inappropriate tattoo. Especially the drums. I love the lead sound though, very classic, and well played!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

kensuguro wrote:I think the mix sounds ok. It sounds very clean to me, and well balanced. IMHO, I think what it's lacking is probably a bad attitude, like it makes me want to drag it into the dark side a bit. Give it a bit of poison, and a very inappropriate tattoo. Especially the drums. I love the lead sound though, very classic, and well played!
Hi Ken; Thanks for posting that, I have always admired your skills as a composer and performer so that means a lot to me!
Love the tip about the darkside, great analogy and I will keep that in mind for the next track. I'm mostly a one trick pony so chances are it won't be too different than this one but hopefully a little better crafted.
Drums are from the ipad on an AI app called Rock Drummer. They just updated it so you can export midi so that may free up some options for different sounds to play with. I'm not really a good drum programmer and even worse of a drum player so I'm grateful for the AI apps and programs that have developed recently. (I also use Jamstix)

Dan
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

ooohh, so it was a robot! No wonder he doesn't have an attitude.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

:lol: yes they do what they're told but you get a non emotional performance...better than piecing together a part though if you ask me.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

just play in the drums with keys, your fingers can obviously move. (quite a bit!)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

kensuguro wrote:just play in the drums with keys, your fingers can obviously move. (quite a bit!)
good point :) that's the way I used to do it. prob just dust off my nanopad and beatstep
FernandoHood

Post by FernandoHood »

Love this funky jamm ,Os20 fits so well there
thnnks brother, you are a a very talented musician i have to say its the first time i heard a good solo-lead with 0s20, woaow :D
Ocean Swift Synthesis - Scope 3rd Party Plugins
http://www.oceanswift.net
FernandoHood
http://www.fernandohood.com
Atom Sessions - Music
https://atomsessions.bandcamp.com/
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

agree! awesome to hear it doing this sort of stuff, as it is a dif style than what we do ourselves, so cool :) thanks mate
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

FernandoHood wrote:Love this funky jamm ,Os20 fits so well there
thnnks brother, you are a a very talented musician i have to say its the first time i heard a good solo-lead with 0s20, woaow :D
faxinadu wrote:agree! awesome to hear it doing this sort of stuff, as it is a dif style than what we do ourselves, so cool :) thanks mate
:wink: Thanks guys