Fast Cars + Travelogue

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Re: Fast Cars

Post by dante »

Never. Kangaroos are not city slickers like me. DONT MESS WITH THE KANGAROO JACK (he knows the Alice well and he don't need no springs man) !
Kangaroo Jack
Kangaroo Jack
kangaroo jack.jpg (47.96 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Our little private camp spot. Catching the rising sun on the rock.
Attachments
Uluru
Uluru
trip.jpg (298.17 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
Stuart.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

You went there ! Did you drive untill there with the white car ? From where did you arrived ? That must be fantastic. Is it possible to climb on the montain (it is a sacred site for arborigen people) ? I read it's a one bloc stone, right ?

There are rupestral painting, did you see them ? There must be a lot of people...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dante

Post by dante »

If he came from ACT thats maybe the same distance as me. He probably drove, you can get flights and theres a resort, with activities about the aboriginal backgrounds :

https://www.ayersrockresort.com.au/expe ... xperiences
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I'm not sure I'll ever come in Australia...

After reading, I discovered that kata tjuta is not that far away. Don't know why I thought is was several hundreds km far.

Almost like another planet...... Colors are unreal...... It must be full of iron......
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Yep, drove all the way there and back with my wife and kid. But I took us off the main roads where ever I could and went cross country so we were on our own for most of the trip on dirt roads/tracks. In three weeks we drove over 9000K's and bush camped wherever possible. Uluru was great but Lake Mungo was far more interesting historically. Anyway, I'll stop now as this doesn't have much to do with music.
Attachments
trip03.jpg
trip03.jpg (65.3 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
trip02.jpg
trip02.jpg (188.75 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
Stuart.
dante

Post by dante »

JoPo wrote:Is it possible to climb on the montain (it is a sacred site for arborigen people) ?
From today's Herald Sun (21/Apr/2016) :

"LET TOURISTS CLIMB ULURU
TOURISTS should be allowed to climb Uluru, says the Northern Territory's chief minister, likening the practice to the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb. Chief Minister Adam Giles has rejected any decision by the federal government to permanently ban the activity".
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

dante wrote:TOURISTS should be allowed to climb Uluru, says the Northern Territory's chief minister, likening the practice to the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb. Chief Minister Adam Giles has rejected any decision by the federal government to permanently ban the activity".
I'm coming !! :P
dante

Post by dante »

JoPo, do you play Golf ? Now, Greg Norman will build you a golf course at bottom of red rock :

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/golf/gre ... spartanntp
golf-course-ayers-rock
golf-course-ayers-rock
golf_course_uluru.jpg (89.73 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wayne

Post by wayne »

Do not climb Uluru
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

A golf ?? Why not a stadium ? Or a factory ? That guy has very weird ideas !

Wayne, could you be less laconic ? :D Is it forbidden ? Is it dangerous ?
I'm atheist but I would perfectly understand that native people don't wish to see thousands of tourists eating hamburgers on their sacred place !

It's a bit far from my hom, anyway... When I was 18, Australia was the travel I wanted to do... Go there for, at least, one or two years.
dante

Post by dante »

Greg Norman is a golfer, a champion who has made dozens of other golf courses. Maybe on his other courses they only allow him enough land to create 36 hole courses - here, he could make a 90 hole course with Ayres Rock as a hazard ! The natives may not like, but they know money talks also :)

The Climb - make an informed decision :

http://www.outback-australia-travel-sec ... uluru.html
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

!! It's far from beeing simple !!

I don't know what I would do... Maybe go to Kata Tjuta ! And walk amongst monoliths, without climbing ! It must be beautiful. And I guess heat would avoid me to climb anything : I hate heat, I really prefer not more than 20°C !! Moreover, if I make a far trip, now, I would go to the north of Europa : Island ! There is no heat there ! Or just in volcanoes... Australia is not my dream anymore because of heat... :D

To become very rich, I'm planning to make clothes against heat. But I didn't find the way to invent it yet, just a detail. When I'll make them, I'll come, I'll have much enough money to visit all the world all the time. :P

But visiting a town called Darwin is still in my dreams..... And see wild duck-billed platypus or Ornithorhynchus ! (But I don't even know if there is some close to Darwin !)
dante

Post by dante »

Mrs Dante went to Darwin last year, loved it. No platypus there - as platypus are only on Eastern side of Australia, Darwin is top north. What she did see were Crocs - plenty of them if you like. Darwin is more of historic interest, being bombed and cycloned its a story of survival :) If you want to visit Tasmania (island down south) there platypus there, and a nice Wineglass bay - being so far south heat is not a problem there and you still get to climb if you like.
wineglass - freycinet
wineglass - freycinet
wineglass.jpg (419.77 KiB) Viewed 2909 times