Surreal

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Surreal

Post by dante »

Although the music is probably more 70's, this was written in reminiscence of the 60's flower power, the Beatles Maharishi excursion, Haight-Ashbury, Woodstock and other hippy relic enlightenments.

https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/surreal
hubird

Re: Surreal

Post by hubird »

Nice one Dante!
The voice fits pretty well this time.
A lot of reminiscences of 60ties songs, chord sequences and sounds indeed :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Dante, you realized an awesome modernization of 60's psychedelic music ! It's brilliant ! Are you the singer ? What kind of bass did you use (it is excellent : sound and melody) ?

I really like it, I can find the 60's flower power frenzy and to day's sound. Well done !

Please tell me for the bass !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dante

Post by dante »

Thanks JoPo. The basses are in reason - mostly the Fender Precision from the Dan Dean collection. Doubled in the chorus by a stock ID8 'Pick Bass'
Basses
Basses
basses.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
If you like this bass though - check out https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/life - this is the Orange Tree Jaco Fretless Bass - rendered in place out of Cubase into Reason. Kicks ass in this mix !
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

dante wrote:The basses are in reason - mostly the Fender Precision from the Dan Dean collection. Doubled in the chorus by a stock ID8 'Pick Bass'
I see... I guess it's not possible to use reason devices in Cubase, are they "vst's" ?
Anyway, I think the bass sound is good because you know how to make it sounding like in the track. Bravo !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Post by garyb »

of course it's a great job! :)
dante

Post by dante »

JoPo wrote:
dante wrote:The basses are in reason - mostly the Fender Precision from the Dan Dean collection. Doubled in the chorus by a stock ID8 'Pick Bass'
I see... I guess it's not possible to use reason devices in Cubase, are they "vst's" ?
No - the Reason devices are either 'Refills' or 'Rack Extensions'. But they are not VST. The Fender Precision is a Refill which is basically a sample player.

Some Kontakt devices have been released for Reason (for example the Kontakt 'Juggernaut' sample set is also available on Reason ) and also some DSP/VST manufacturers are also releasing thier plugs in Rack Extension format ( eg Softube ).

However, most are not - for example the Jaco Bass is a Kontakt VST - so I was able to use the new Cubase 'Render In Place' function to render out the Jaco bass into a WAV file then import it into Reason.

All - thanks.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Great job developing the melodies and the accent sounds for each progression/variation. It really keeps things moving and dynamic! Great work!!
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

loved it. Ahhh, so many memories came back.
Great bass sound & love the guitar break around the 2.30 mark.
Neil
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

JoPo wrote:Dante, you realized an awesome modernization of 60's psychedelic music ! It's brilliant ! I really like it, I can find the 60's flower power frenzy and to day's sound. Well done !
Dig it out. A righteous track, man. Inspired stuff!
dante

Post by dante »

Thank you all. I am humbled. You will all be on the front cover of the album in a collage with a lot of other famous people !
hubird

Post by hubird »

:lol: